camera glass protection

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You just did this? Wow, the camera skin fit so perfectly on the caseology protector? Looks very clean.
Yeah, I did it just before I posted/commented in here. thank you! I am very please with SopiGuard skins, because it has a very clean fit and finish, so the overall look is almost OEM like. Sometimes I wish the skins also had the Samsung logo on it so it looks like the regular back.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That difference is really embarrassing for the WSD company, I would send them the comparison pictures to encourage them to improve their quality.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That difference is really embarrassing for the WSD company, I would send them the comparison pictures to encourage them to improve their quality.

If they monitor their Amazon reviews, they'll see I already posted a picture comparison in my review.

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
The lens should always have a filter attached, either clear or something like 'Sky light' or 'Ultra Violet', to protect the lens from dirt and most importantly Scratches! A small scratch on the lens will show up, especially when the image is blown up. Just a small scratch could make an expensive lens

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The lens should always have a filter attached, either clear or something like 'Sky light' or 'Ultra Violet', to protect the lens from dirt and most importantly Scratches! A small scratch on the lens will show up, especially when the image is blown up. Just a small scratch could make an expensive lens

That's actually what I learned many years ago in photography class for my SLR (DSLRs were not a thing - lol) so I always had a filter on my lens. Hmm, I never thought about it in the case of cell phone cameras, though. I think my fear is whether or not these protectors were well made enough with photography in mind vs. actual lens filters like from Tiffen, etc. But glad you put it into that perspective - I never connected it together.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That's actually what I learned many years ago in photography class for my SLR (DSLRs were not a thing - lol) so I always had a filter on my lens. Hmm, I never thought about it in the case of cell phone cameras, though. I think my fear is whether or not these protectors were well made enough with photography in mind vs. actual lens filters like from Tiffen, etc. But glad you put it into that perspective - I never connected it together.

But then I would wonder, if traditional camera lenses are made from the same grade glass as gorilla glass 6, at least in the case of the N20U?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
But then I would wonder, if traditional camera lenses are made from the same grade glass as gorilla glass 6, at least in the case of the N20U?

No, they wouldn't be - but camera lenses aren't exposed to the typical elements of a cell phone camera lens on a constant basis so the need for such wouldn't be as great. They are typically covered with a lens cap when not in use.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Except that the outside glass is not a lens it's a glass cover.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Except that the outside glass is not a lens it's a glass cover.

That's essentially what a lens is, though - just non concave nor convex. Since it's non removable, it's basically a permanent clear filter and for all intents and purposes - part of the lens assembly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99