camera shuts down when QR code

Messy_Garage

Jun 17, 2019
Visit site
My camera shuts down when there is a QR code in view. It seems to work fine when no QR code. It just closes with no warning and goes to normal Android screen. Some times, there is a message about 'app keeps closing'. It used to work. Not sure what changed. How to fix?

I have a Motorola Moto G power (2022), with Android version 12.

Messy_Garage

Jun 17, 2019
Visit site
I can restart in safe-mode, then turn off airplane mode and the camera works correctly. But when not in safe-mode, the camera still does not work when QR code is in view.

I do not know all of the implications, but gotta believe that it is not practical to stay in safe-mode.

update: airplane mode is off in regular startup mode. But the camera fails whether airplane mode or not.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Safe Mode is a troubleshooting step -- it disables all 3rd party apps you installed. So if it works in Safe Mode, that suggests that something you installed is causing the problem. However, it can be tedious to narrow down the culprit. Sometimes all you can do is uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

You could start by seeing which apps have Camera permission in the system settings.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would check two types of apps: the ones that can have camera access and could be acting as a QR reader default, or if the QR code is of a web link, I'd see if the default browser isn't the issue as well (you can try this out by scanning a 'plain text' QR code).

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reese har