can anyone identify this weather widget?

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've searched and searched with no luck and I'm just not familiar with all of them enough to be able to tell myself.
Here is a link to the picture of the widget.

http://topworldbest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/weather-widgets-android.jpg

Thanks!

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a pic instead of a link? (Blocked @ work)

weather-widgets-android.jpg

LNJKD

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not goweather or palmary. I have used both. palmary's largest widget is 4x1 and that looks larger than that. All of goweather's 4x2 widgets have a clock. The pic says it gets it's forcast from weather.com but TWC's widget doesn't look anywhere near as nice.

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
yeah I've searched and searched and haven't found anything. My biggest issue is I don't want a weather widget that has a clock, and aesthetically this one is just really awesome (who knows about function) and I'm hoping to give it a trial run :p

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Been searching the Market, haven't come across one like that. Definitely a good looking one if it behaves nicely. Incidentally, there are a lot of crappy looking weather apps in the Market. LOL

EDIT: Here's the link where that graphic shows up.
http://topworldbest.com/android-apps-2/top-5-best-android-weather-widgets/

As far as I can tell, none of the weather widgets on that page are actually the one in the picture. At least they all look different in the market.

Last edited:

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the widget is, but I am fairly certain it is the default weather widget that comes with the Droid Charge.

Maybe someone who owns one can see what it is?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I found the widget. Sort of. I think it's a PC widget, not a mobile one. I saw it on a kiosk at a Hyatt hotel last week. Not sure if it's built in to Windows or some custom development.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
That image is a Yahoo! weather widget - found here: Yahoo! Widgets - Blog

Either that blog screwed up or some dev "borrowed" the image file fro their app.

Yup. That is definitely it. It comes standard on the Droid Charge. It looks like it is a co-op design by Weatherbug and Yahoo for desktops, and then Samsung got in the mix somewhere.

It's apparently called "Weatherbug Clock", and is specifically designed for Touchwiz, not Blur.

More info on the widget here

More info here too!

Here is the APK, but you most likely won't be able to do anything with it...

Link to APK (halfway down page, posted by JarKar99)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helloworld