can I buy nexus 7 32 gb att unlocked and NOT start data plan until I need it?

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
sorry for probably a dumb question

As the title says, I would like to buy the 299 nexus 7 but, at least for now, I see no reason to need the att plan (any plan) for data. So, if I buy the 299 unit ..can I put off starting data and just use it with the WiFi?? thx . R

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmmm now I am even more confused.

It happens that I do already have a ATT Galaxy phone (original one) with a data plan. It works just fine.

I am trying to replace my laptop computer with a nexus 7. I have a desktop for any heavy duty computing if I need that.

Obviously, my laptop does NOT have a separate data plan, it just connects with my in-house wifi. But, I'd like to be able to secure a data plan for occasional travel, so my nexus 7 would be more usable on the road.

From what was said on another site..., it sounds like I can just slip my present sim card (from my phone) into my....new nexus 7 32 gb unlocked... and I will be using my original data plan on my nexus 7 pad.... on those rare occasions when I need such a service.

Is this correct? . thanks very much Rich

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you might could, I don't know. But if it were me, I would figure out how to teather it to my phone....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
ATT has a Vedanta against tethering without paying an additional data charge. When I put my CHARGE CORD onto the phone I get all sorts of error messages claiming that I am tethering!!! I use about 15 % of my monthly data limit, but I can't use it without paying them more and more on another device. Gotta love ATT...

I am just trying to keep my options open. Rich

richg99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
auphoea Sorry, but I think you dropped your query into the end of my query. No one will know it is here.

Probably best for you if you started a NEW THREAD. regards, Rich

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts