Can I configure Gmail in Android to recieve emails on wi-fi access when cellular is unavailable

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
This looks interesting:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hoursdevelopers.android.synker&token=TefUkmox

I was able to use it to force a sync from tasker, now I need to get it to run periodically.

OK, I looked at this, and I think you are right, it only syncs manually, and you'd need tasker or something like tasker but free, to have this do what I need it to do.

I'm holding out for something that can launch a manual sync every minute only when I am at work. Or better yet, I'm hoping they work out the issue with the wifi that prevents all phone users from seeing the wifi and automatically syncing.

I appreciate the ideas though!

DrDr0id

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I recently found an app that solves this exact problem: Force Gmail Sync. My gmail would randomly stop updating (syncing) my inbox and I would miss important messages. The only way to get new mail was to manually refresh my inbox. Force Gmail Sync does the manual refresh for me now and I get new mail immediately. There hasn't been any increase in data or battery usage so I'm pretty happy with the solution. The Play Store link is: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=forcegmailsync.com