Can I delete an unopen text sent to me without the other sender knowing it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

If both parties have the read receipt function on where it shows delivered and read in the text, if I delete it without opening it, will it say read on the senders side or will it stay on delivered?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The message arrived at your phone, so a delivery receipt has already been sent to the sender.
To delete the message without the sender knowing, you will first need to turn off the read receipts.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Not sure why the OP needs what they are asking for, but if they are using RCS then I think they'd need to first disable that and go back to just plain old SMS, and then also make sure read SMS receipts aren't on, as others have suggested. Then, presumably there'd be no indication back to sender for if an SMS message was received/read.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure why the OP needs what they are asking for, but if they are using RCS then I think they'd need to first disable that and go back to just plain old SMS, and then also make sure read SMS receipts aren't on, as others have suggested. Then, presumably there'd be no indication back to sender for if an SMS message was received/read.
Agree