Can I delete some files in Documents folder on my Android phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The storage on my phone is short, and I try to delete some un-useful files. I connect my phone to my computer and check Internal Shared Storage. I find there are about 6.26MB in the Documents folder. Then, I find the usages are folders under the following path.
Documents -- .MYXJ -- WebH5 -- model -- there are three folders which are
filter_model_3d, filter_model_hair, filter_model_body

Are those three filter_model_xxx useful?

Thanks,
Bill

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! From what I can tell, those are folders associated with some sort of beauty camera app. (MYXJ stands for Meiyan Xiangji, a Chinese developer.) Did you install any? Or does the stock camera app on your phone have extensive beautification features?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Strange developer, putting filter profiles in /sdcard/Documents. They belong in one of the subdirectories owned by the app (and, therefore, not visible to the user).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange developer, putting filter profiles in /sdcard/Documents. They belong in one of the subdirectories owned by the app (and, therefore, not visible to the user).

Considering it's a beauty cam app from a Chinese developer, I'd be a bit worried about what else they might have sneaked onto the phone.:-\

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh, always. I'd never install anything like that in the first place. (I've worked with developers from various countries, including China - most of them don't think like Meiyan Xiangji.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11