Can I get a 32gb Moto X through the Moto Maker on Sprint?

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need some help here. I want to make sure this will work before I go ahead and spend my money. I have an upgrade available on Sprint. I plan on getting a Moto X right after New Years but I want to make sure it will all work out otherwise I will begin to look for a different phone. Sprint only offers the 16gb version in store and online but if I purchase the Moto X through Moto Maker then I have the option of upgrading the memory to 32gb for an additional $50. Sounds good to me. Will this still work on Sprint? Will I still get my upgrade discount (basically, would I still be able to purchase the phone at the $149 on contract price point or is it more)? Has anyone done this already or had any issues with this? I think I saw somewhere that someone may have had an activation problem when getting the 32gb version so I just want to make sure this is all feasible.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I need some help here. I want to make sure this will work before I go ahead and spend my money. I have an upgrade available on Sprint. I plan on getting a Moto X right after New Years but I want to make sure it will all work out otherwise I will begin to look for a different phone. Sprint only offers the 16gb version in store and online but if I purchase the Moto X through Moto Maker then I have the option of upgrading the memory to 32gb for an additional $50. Sounds good to me. Will this still work on Sprint? Will I still get my upgrade discount (basically, would I still be able to purchase the phone at the $149 on contract price point or is it more)? Has anyone done this already or had any issues with this? I think I saw somewhere that someone may have had an activation problem when getting the 32gb version so I just want to make sure this is all feasible.

Thanks for any and all help with this!

yes, u can buy 32 gb... the option is in the feature tab

u can build it yourself here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DFLEXR1%23exterior%2Fbackplate&token=LZx1yrwm

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I get that I can buy it and know where to select the option, but are you saying that the 32gb one will still work with sprint? Have you purchased a 32 gb one for sprint?

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that the 32gb wasn't working on Sprint either. I'm in the same boat as you, I have an upgrade for my phone through sprint and wanted to get the 32gb. But I believe I also saw somewhere that said the 32gb is now working on Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that the 32gb wasn't working on Sprint either. I'm in the same boat as you, I have an upgrade for my phone through sprint and wanted to get the 32gb. But I believe I also saw somewhere that said the 32gb is now working on Sprint.

Well that is the beginning of getting some good news. I would still like a firm answer though...

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried calling Motorola and asking them. Just a thought.

Good idea...except the thought of waiting on hold just to talk to a company that is in the business of selling handsets gets on my nerves...I guess you can say that I am a pessimist and don't trust them or the answer that they may give me lol

This is the entire reason I am reaching out to the AC community...I'm sure someone has done this before and can help someone else out or has had issues and can give the rest of us the knowledge that we are looking for.

I can wait for it... :)

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Good idea...except the thought of waiting on hold just to talk to a company that is in the business of selling handsets gets on my nerves...I guess you can say that I am a pessimist and don't trust them or the answer that they may give me lol.
do the online chat; I haven't waited very long when I did chat and you can take screen shots of the answer.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Good idea...except the thought of waiting on hold just to talk to a company that is in the business of selling handsets gets on my nerves...I guess you can say that I am a pessimist and don't trust them or the answer that they may give me lol

So you're saying you think they might lie to you despite the fact that it'd be pointless to do so because then you could just send back the device and they'd lose a customer?

And that makes sense to you?

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying you think they might lie to you despite the fact that it'd be pointless to do so because then you could just send back the device and they'd lose a customer?

And that makes sense to you?

Good point...I did say that I am a pessimist though right? :confused::-\

Last edited:

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok funny thing just happened...tried the chat, was told that the 32 gb will work on Sprint. Great.

Then I asked about pricing...when I asked to confirm that with my upgrade I could get one on contract for $149 they had problems answering the question and it appeared like they didn't even know they sold them for $149...best answer I got was $599.99 :confused: When I pressed some more they thought I was talking about the $150 discount. Still wrong. When pressed more they gave up and disconnected after giving me a phone number.

How can I trust the first answer if they have no clue about the second answer?? I'm just gonna have to do it I guess. I wish there was someone in this community that has experienced this already that could give some insight...maybe someone will know tomorrow :-! I'll stick around and wait some more I guess.

Thanks everyone so far!

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't it work with Sprint? Moto maker sells the 32gb version for sprint.

People have reported of having problems with activating the 32gb on Sprints network. Like I said before, I believe that this issue has been fixed.

For the OP, you could call Sprint. I don't know I haven't done that yet. Haha

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I get that I can buy it and know where to select the option, but are you saying that the 32gb one will still work with sprint? Have you purchased a 32 gb one for sprint?

I bought a 32GB Moto X through moto maker a few weeks ago and using it on Sprint. I did have some trouble activating it but took it to a Sprint store and they got it sorted out.

aloomis76

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 32GB Moto X through moto maker a few weeks ago and using it on Sprint. I did have some trouble activating it but took it to a Sprint store and they got it sorted out.

YES!! Thank you very much!! That's what I wanted to know *Happy Dance*

Quick question for you now...did you buy it outright off contract or did you buy it on contract as a new customer or an upgrade?

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
One problem is if you are on a SERO plan, as motomaker is using the best buy ordering system, and can't access "employee accounts"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois