Can i merge 2 existing folders on the home screen of my Samsung Galaxy S10+

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I created a folder on my home screen to save links in regarding my husband illness and labeled it "MPE". Today I realized I had already created a folder with saved links labeled "Cancer" (unfortunately). Is there a way to merge these 2 folders instead of having to drag each link one by one from folder 1 to to folder 2?
I tried selecting them as a group in folder 1 to drag into folder 2 but it doesn't allow for that.

A

Android Central Question

File Shortcuts not working

I downloaded some files onto my S10 that I was going to be putting onto my home screen to make accessing it faster. When I longpress the file and select the "Create Shortcut" option, it adds it to my homescreen like its supposed to, but whenever I click the shortcut, it doesn't work. It simply opens the file for a split second before closing it again. This happens with any file I try to add to my home screen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: File Shortcuts not working

I downloaded some files onto my S10 that I was going to be putting onto my home screen to make accessing it faster. When I longpress the file and select the "Create Shortcut" option, it adds it to my homescreen like its supposed to, but whenever I click the shortcut, it doesn't work. It simply opens the file for a split second before closing it again. This happens with any file I try to add to my home screen.
Welcome to the forums. As far as I know that's not possible to do with the launchers I know. The closest thing could be creating nested folders with Nova launcher, or similar app. It would require a long workaround and it wouldn't work for the site/browser shortcuts that you mentioned.

I'm afraid that your only solution is dragging the shortcuts one by one to the final folder. Sorry.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: File Shortcuts not working

Which file manager did you use to create the shortcuts? Do these files open normally from this file manager?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid