Can I sell new in box Sprint Galaxy Note8 never activated?

Genesis Bunch

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
Before she passed away my mom was bamboozled by a Sprint rep into buying two, yes two, brand new Samsung Galaxy Note8s. They were delivered to her home while she was in the hospital and sat there for weeks. After she passed away I went to her home and there was a box from Sprint sitting there on the porch, never signed for, never opened, untouched.

So I tried to do the right thing and called Sprint. They said they had never been signed for, never been activated, and they could never reach my mom (No s#it Sprint, she was in the hospital) So they just coded them in the system as missing.

I explained what had happened and sent them the death certificate and they cancelled the account. Sprint said to return them to our local store and even gave me the address, 26 miles away. When I got there the staff said we are a franchise store and we won't accept the phones. Called Sprint, they spoke to the manager and told him to take the phones, then hung up and refused to take the phones.

Called Sprint, they said send them back, gave me an address, I sent them, a week later the phones are back on mom's doorstep. Called Sprint again, they said return them to the store, I said they won't take them. They said, well they are officially listed as missing, just throw them away. These are friggin $800 phones!

So I took them to the police and said these showed up on my mom's doorstep and Sprint doesn't want them. The said they would treat them as 'lost and found' property. They held them for 90 days, contacted Sprint, and told them they had to send a "call tag" within 90 days, they did not.

So again the phones have been returned to me.

What can I do with 2 new, sealed box, Sprint Phones? The police say they are my property and gave me paperwork showing that I tried to return them to Sprint. So I am not worried about that but if I sell them to someone will they be able to use them? I don't want to toss them, but I don't want to rip anyone off either.

Thanks to anyone who reads all of this!

mrluky60

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I can see your frustration but I would activate one and see what happens, if nothing happens I will buy them both.

Genesis Bunch

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
thanks for your response but

1. Aren't they worth more brand new sealed in the box with plastic intact?

2. Mom's account at Sprint is closed so if I tried to activate them I assume nothing would happen and I'm certainly not going to pay Sprint after they basically took advantage of an elderly lady who broke her flip phone and convinced her she needed a phone worthy of Star Trek,

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Well I can see your frustration but I would activate one and see what happens, if nothing happens I will buy them both.

I THINK if he activated one then he for sure will never get out of the this situation for at least 18 months to 2 years.
Find a corporate store, there is where you must take them.
I think they're coded to your mother and sorry for your loss. It's stuff like this that really hurts Sprint.
You activate one you will be paying for 2

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Before she passed away my mom was bamboozled by a Sprint rep into buying two, yes two, brand new Samsung Galaxy Note8s. They were delivered to her home while she was in the hospital and sat there for weeks. After she passed away I went to her home and there was a box from Sprint sitting there on the porch, never signed for, never opened, untouched.

So I tried to do the right thing and called Sprint. They said they had never been signed for, never been activated, and they could never reach my mom (No s#it Sprint, she was in the hospital) So they just coded them in the system as missing.

I explained what had happened and sent them the death certificate and they cancelled the account. Sprint said to return them to our local store and even gave me the address, 26 miles away. When I got there the staff said we are a franchise store and we won't accept the phones. Called Sprint, they spoke to the manager and told him to take the phones, then hung up and refused to take the phones.

Called Sprint, they said send them back, gave me an address, I sent them, a week later the phones are back on mom's doorstep. Called Sprint again, they said return them to the store, I said they won't take them. They said, well they are officially listed as missing, just throw them away. These are friggin $800 phones!

So I took them to the police and said these showed up on my mom's doorstep and Sprint doesn't want them. The said they would treat them as 'lost and found' property. They held them for 90 days, contacted Sprint, and told them they had to send a "call tag" within 90 days, they did not.

So again the phones have been returned to me.

What can I do with 2 new, sealed box, Sprint Phones? The police say they are my property and gave me paperwork showing that I tried to return them to Sprint. So I am not worried about that but if I sell them to someone will they be able to use them? I don't want to toss them, but I don't want to rip anyone off either.

Thanks to anyone who reads all of this!
Wow, sorry for your loss man! It's a shame that large companies can't get out their own incompetent ways in situations like this. If you sell them I would think the esn would be bad so they couldn't be activated, at best they could only be extremely expensive Wi-Fi devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali