Can I use an HTC Droid DNA with my T-Mobile sim card?

agiantwaffle

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I want to use an HTC Droid DNA with my T-Mobile sim card. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sup guys. So I'm the proud owner of an HTC One S since 2012. Please google the specs.. I can't post links since I'm new and too lazy to write out the specs. -__-

I've had this phone for quite some time now, and as you can imagine, has slowed down the software quite a bit. (Facebook, snapchat, spotify, memory hogging apps) I'm getting a bit tired of using it now and because of its slow speed, I'm now thinking about a new phone. But I'm poor so no new phone.

So option 1. Root my HTC One S and install CyanegonMod
Buuttttt there is a slim chance that I brick it if I do it wrong, so I don't want to risk it. Never rooted before so..

Option 2. Try and get this HTC Droid DNA from Verizon to work with my T-Mobile sim card.

So I went through a couple of articles, forums, etc and apparently that it DOES indeed work with a T-Mobile sim card. Only issue is that you can't get 4G with the phone. Does anyone know if there is a solution or method around this? Please advise!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I want to use an HTC Droid DNA with my T-Mobile sim card. PLEASE HELP!!!

So option 1. Root my HTC One S and install CyanegonMod
Cyanogen is already rooted, so rooting your current ROM is a waste of effort. (You don't have to root to flash a new ROM.) Assuming that it's a TMobile phone, not a Verizon phone. (If it's a Verizon phone, you can't use it on TMobile.)

And the One S is 3G.

Buuttttt there is a slim chance that I brick it if I do it wrong, so I don't want to risk it. Never rooted before so..
Since you don't have to ...

Option 2. Try and get this HTC Droid DNA from Verizon to work with my T-Mobile sim card.

So I went through a couple of articles, forums, etc and apparently that it DOES indeed work with a T-Mobile sim card. Only issue is that you can't get 4G with the phone. Does anyone know if there is a solution or method around this? Please advise!
A practical one? No. It's missing a radio that TMobile uses for 4G. (Adding a radio - hardware - and linking it to the phone is probably theoretically possible, but buying an expensive TMobile phone would probably cost less than 1% as much.)

agiantwaffle

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: I want to use an HTC Droid DNA with my T-Mobile sim card. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks for the response, man! Really appreciate it. I could've sworn the HTC One S was a 4G..

Guess I'll be installing CM on my HTC!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware