Can you change ANYTHING on the stock lock screen?

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
No worries. Ah well. Do you think changing my launcher (say, to Nova) would change the phone's lock screen settings & therefore capabilities?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No worries. Ah well. Do you think changing my launcher (say, to Nova) would change the phone's lock screen settings & therefore capabilities?

I'm working on someone who is in the UK that might be able to help, hand in there...

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am in your time zone in London. I suddenly started to get threatening PM's from the US! I don't want to mess with THAT lady!, so anything you want, really. :)
OK seriously , MrsM is terrific.
Some stuff I can figure out and I've learned a lot in 3 months, but I can miss the obvious.
You have a GS3, you have done a recovery mode clearance and unticked stuff in Google so the other thing is ok for now.
I d/l chronus and got it on my lock screen, which I rarely use but keep 3 app shortcuts on the 1 page. I now have a chronus widget on a second page. I am on a Note 3 also, and have a GS2 on 4.1.2 with me too.
Phew!

Have you unticked the lock screen clock before adding the chronus widget? Just the way I think.
I may be intermittent on this for an hour if you want to look now. And you can come back to me any time you want to spend on this.
a3uqu4y9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just caught the lady's message while on this. To be continued.

Last edited:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I get this. :)

I thought she might be swiping the lock screen at the bottom and that's why she didn't get a second page. For me, I have to swipe at the top of the lock screen in order to get to the second screen, otherwise it just unlocks the phone.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Jeepers. If you're on Tapatalk MrsM my 2 posts apoear on page 5 AND page 3. Lot of weird stuff today. My phone thinks I'm in Paris.

I wish I were in Paris. Can your phone send me there, lol.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I wish I were there too, and I 'm closer. I understood you a bit more reading again. I only use swipe to unlock. to get to the 2nd page I obviously have to hold on the lock screen before going left or right to a new page with the plus sign to add a widget of your choice. Do you think that hold in first then move left might have been lost in translation.
I see her lock screen page, no multiple widgets, but it should work the same as you say.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why I shortened your name to MrsM. Sorry. Even on a Note 3 my eyes are not good.:)

Lol, I'm good. I've been called worse.

So you have to hold your lock screen to slide it? I just swipe mine from the clock either right or left. Go ahead, try it, lol.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I took off my personal info for screenshots before I added the Chronus widget, so I just have the bare stock clock on the main lock screen. So yes, I guess if I touch it near the clock the white border comes up and I can swipe from that area, otherwise I just unlock my screen. Am I with you?
usyneru4.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I never bothered with this side of the phone before. I guess with swipe to unlock off it will swipe pages straight away.
Alright I've got 4 lock screens. Clock home which extends down for events, the chronus widget screen, a selectable apps screen and an add/plus screen.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that's the way it works for me. I also have the agenda that pulls down, but mine is full of personal stuff, lol, mainly bills. I use 3 of them, one on pull down shade and one on homescreen so I won't forget anything. Paranoia strikes deep. 😨

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I had multiple widgets back on. If you turn multiple widgets off, you cant swipe anything there is only 1 page. And Juliet doesn't have a multiple widgets option.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I read chronus on the play store earlier to download it to my gs2 as well. it said it wont give a lock screen widget only a home screen widget below JB 4.2. my gs2 is 4.1 but Juliet is on 4.3. there is more info ther im trying to figure out. forgive my typing.

"on some devices u may have to reboot for widget to show in widget picker"

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I read chronus on the play store earlier to download it to my gs2 as well. it said it wont give a lock screen widget only a home screen widget below JB 4.2. my gs2 is 4.1 but Juliet is on 4.3. there is more info ther im trying to figure out. forgive my typing.

"on some devices u may have to reboot for widget to show in widget picker"

I have got it to install as homescreen widget , as you describe, but still won't as lock screen widget.

JulietPurcell

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I took off my personal info for screenshots before I added the Chronus widget, so I just have the bare stock clock on the main lock screen. So yes, I guess if I touch it near the clock the white border comes up and I can swipe from that area, otherwise I just unlock my screen. Am I with you? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/usyneru4.jpg

Have deselected personal info & clock on my lock screen, but still no luck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeff