Can you disable the screenshot sound?

natew

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.

Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

That worked great. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

TP24

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Once you install Enforced Stream Silencer apk is the sound supposed to just stop? I installed and am not sure what to do next??

evilfantasy

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Once you install Enforced Stream Silencer apk is the sound supposed to just stop? I installed and am not sure what to do next??

Be sure to activate it once it is installed.
Open the apk and choose Install.
The next option is Open.
Then select the box next to Disable STREAM_SYSTEM_ENFORCED

Once there is a check mark in the box then Enforced Stream Silencer is activated.
Press the Home button to exit the setup.

BiRONIC

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Only other option is to root your device and go into /system/media/audio/ui and start looking for the .ogg file for the sound.
Just rename the file to xxxxxx.ogg.bak

On my device the sound file is camera_click.ogg. It's the same sound that's played when you take a picture so renaming means no screenshot or camera shutter sound.

Thanks, guys.
I just did this, and I'm so happy to not have that goofy look anymore when I'm just taking a pic of something that's already on my phone :lol:

redstrom

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed Enforced Stream Silencer and it doesn't work on my Galaxy S3. Nothing has worked to kill the shutter sound. I tried a root browser to get to the sound and I can't change the write permissions so I could delete or rename the the shutter file. Now I'm stuck with the Enforced Stream Silencer program and can't remove it from my phone. Help!

Subhash Challa

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes it can be dissable
just before you take a screen shot make your phone silent by just pushing the volume down all the way until it enters vibrate mode
then take a screen shot silently
again build up the volume to normal by up keys

netwhr

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
The EASIEST way to disable the click sound on Screenshot Ultimate Pro is to create a blank file with Voice Recorder and set the sound location on the Setting.

Mark Rosen

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I found a much simpler method for silencing the annoying shutter sound during a screenshot, so everyone who claims you can only silence a screenshot by deleting the shutter sound file after rooting your device has been incorrect.

All you have to do is silence System Sounds. This won't work for those who want System Sounds for some other reason, but I'm unaware of any reason why I personally want any System Sounds.

To quickly and easily silence System Sounds, just do this (at least, this is how it works on my Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge):
- With 2 fingers, slide down the Notification Panel
- Hold the Sound icon until the Sound and Notification page appears
- Tap Volume
- Right under System, tap the Sound Icon, and the Mute Icon will appear
Congratulations: you can now screenshot in total silence . . . .

Ryan Baker5

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Took a screenshot at work yesterday and it sounded like I was taking pictures, its very loud. Can you disable that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Put the system sound all the way to silent. So wherever you adjust your ringer and notification volume, there should be a system setting. Obviously it mutes everything else but it's an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware