Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if UPS will hold undeliverable orders if requested, or something? I'm worried because I ordered on the 3rd, got 1-2 weeks shipping, and leave town (Toronto) for the holidays on December 22nd and won't be back until January 7th! So if it ships and arrives in the 2 week period I'm gone , I'm afraid it'll get sent back to Google and I'll have to wait until 2014 to get this device.. haha. The UPS where I had to pickup my Nexus 7 this summer is nearby so I could easily go ask them too..

Once you have a tracking number, you can call them and arrange to pick it up. I've done that before. Just explain to them that you'll be out of town for a while, and I'm sure they will hold it for you.

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone order a Nexus 7 or a Nexus 10 from the Play Store?
If so where did it ship from?
The shipping location maybe the same for Nexus 4

I bought an N10, it shipped from the states. I think it was Kentucky or something like that, but I'm 100% sure it was the states.

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if UPS will hold undeliverable orders if requested, or something? I'm worried because I ordered on the 3rd, got 1-2 weeks shipping, and leave town (Toronto) for the holidays on December 22nd and won't be back until January 7th! So if it ships and arrives in the 2 week period I'm gone , I'm afraid it'll get sent back to Google and I'll have to wait until 2014 to get this device.. haha. The UPS where I had to pickup my Nexus 7 this summer is nearby so I could easily go ask them too..

Call UPS and have them drop it off at an alternate location. They don't require a signature so if no ones home it's going to sit on your front porch..... Leave it with a neighbor.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm. Call UPS or talk to that store. I am sure they can figure something out.
DONT let it go back to Google. That would suck if you had to wait alll over again.

It doesn't go back. They leave it on the front porch. My N10 was sitting on the porch for 8 hours...

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Shipping time

All packages are delivered via UPS standard shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with a UPS tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take one business day for the UPS package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

Be sure to allow up to 2 business days of processing before your package ships. If you have not received a package tracking number after 2 business days have passed, please contact our support team.

Where did you guys saw that it was 2 days shipping? It is for the USA, but here it's standard shipping so it may take more than 2 days.

By the way this comes from the Google Play term of sales.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jlstee

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get an 8 GB on Nov 13. It shipped on the 27th and was delivered on the 3rd...so barely less than a week for shipping. It did ship out of Kentucky and there were no extra fees as the receipt indicates that it is purchased from Google Canada. BTW...I am on the east coast and mine came through Lacine Quebec.

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
As long as I receive my N4 before Christmas, I will be happy. Otherwise, I'm really gonna be pissed.

Rike255

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you guys saw that it was 2 days shipping? It is for the USA, but here it's standard shipping so it may take more than 2 days.

By the way this comes from the Google Play term of sales.

I read it on this page (Google Canada help page):

Google Play Help

All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with a UPS tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take 24 hours for the UPS package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I read it on this page (Google Canada help page):

Google Play Help

All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email notification with a UPS tracking number. Your estimated time of delivery will be determined at the point that your order has been processed and shipped. It may take 24 hours for the UPS package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

Exactly. Hence why I think it ships from somewhere in Canada. If they ship and it takes longer then 2 days. I'd call and them out and get a refund for shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

c_86

HaXoR Master
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Hence why I think it ships from somewhere in Canada. If they ship and it takes longer then 2 days. I'd call and complain to them and get a refund for shipping.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
They would never put in 2 day shipping then.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Google said the same thing when I ordered my N7 this past summer. I believe they said 2-3 days shipping. The device was actually in transit for 5 business days/7 calendar days. There are several people here who have already received a device from Google Play this year (including round one of the N4 in November) and it was shipped from KY.

Rike255

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well the temporary auths for my N4's were released today. Nothing posted anymore. I wonder if that's Google's doing or just how credit card transactions work (ie: did Google release the funds, or did the temporary transaction expire?)

ekorek

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
yes, called my CC company just now and they told me the Google Play Credited me on Dec 10. Which means they gave me money, lol even the CSR was surprised, but i think this is a good sign, the phone should be shipping in few days

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Google said the same thing when I ordered my N7 this past summer. I believe they said 2-3 days shipping. The device was actually in transit for 5 business days/7 calendar days. There are several people here who have already received a device from Google Play this year (including round one of the N4 in November) and it was shipped from KY.

Yeah. Us Canadians paid around 20 bucks for the 2 day shipping. It was still shipped from USA.

yes, called my CC company just now and they told me the Google Play Credited me on Dec 10. Which means they gave me money, lol even the CSR was surprised, but i think this is a good sign, the phone should be shipping in few days

Lol. They paid you? How much?
Are you sure Google Play didnt refund the credit they had put on hold on your CC?

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the temporary auths for my N4's were released today. Nothing posted anymore. I wonder if that's Google's doing or just how credit card transactions work (ie: did Google release the funds, or did the temporary transaction expire?)

I suspect the credit card authorization hold expired. I believe every bank has different time limits for authorization holds. So depending on which bank people are with, some may have the charges released, while others still have the hold in place.

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Also, you should check the status on Google Play and Google Wallet. Apparently, if there is any update(s) it will be posted on there first.

ekorek

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
i checked Play Store, and it still says pending, and only one transactions was in progress on my CC and that was the refund, well thats what the CSR told me.

Tahir moyal

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on Dec 3rd, Shipping time 3 to 5 business days but till today no tracking number. When I call
Google play support, they also have no update, they r good for nothing. Its in pending state, I have not received any
Backorder email also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky