Cannot turn on WIFI, it just stopped working

A

AC Question

I have Honor 8 for some time, but suddenly wifi stopped working. the Wifi button is greyed out, when I try turning it it is half blue for a few seconds and then it's grey again. I tried turning the phone on/off, clearing network settings, wipe memory cache, uninstalling antivirus (McAfee) and nothing helped. Please help!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have Honor 8 for some time, but suddenly wifi stopped working. the Wifi button is greyed out, when I try turning it it is half blue for a few seconds and then it's grey again. I tried turning the phone on/off, clearing network settings, wipe memory cache, uninstalling antivirus (McAfee) and nothing helped. Please help!

Have you tried starting up in Safe mode?

polyarmus

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
not yet, want to do that as a last resort, dont want to loose any data
. it must be something simple. also it happened after a flight, where I have my phone on a flight mode. do you think it might be connected?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
not yet, want to do that as a last resort, dont want to loose any data
. it must be something simple. also it happened after a flight, where I have my phone on a flight mode. do you think it might be connected?

You never know, perhaps there could be a connection. Have you tried resetting your WiFi connection - any other devices not being able to connect? What about turning the phone off and on?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You never know, perhaps there could be a connection. Have you tried resetting your WiFi connection - any other devices not being able to connect? What about turning the phone off and on?

The WIFI switch wouldn't be greyed out if it was a local wifi issue. It should still show ON, and just not find the network or have issues connecting. This is a weird issue. If a factory reset doesn't work I would have to guess it's a hardware issue

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The WIFI switch wouldn't be greyed out if it was a local wifi issue. It should still show ON, and just not find the network or have issues connecting. This is a weird issue. If a factory reset doesn't work I would have to guess it's a hardware issue

Good point. Let's hope it's not a hardware issue! I hate having to deal with warranty work.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Good point! Please keep us updated on your situation!

maartje246

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site

Could you fix it? How did you do that?

I have exactly the same problem!
Indeed really annoying

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol