Cannot update to ZVK

superflysocal

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So i am rooted on ICS with OTA rootkeeper installed. i received an update notification for ZVK. I temp disabled root with rootkeeper. Did the update got the android screen with progress bar but when done I am still on ZVI. Must have gotten some error but I wasn't watching the whole time so don't know. This has happended twice.

Do i need to completely unroot to do this? I don't remember freezing any apps. How do i check if I have any frozen apps? What app do you use to freeze apps?

The only changes i recallto buil.prop I made is the camera shutter sound thing. Do you think that can be it?

Funny thing is I checked for update and it says I am updated.

i don't want to do the manual update to ZVK because trying to avoid starting over.

Edit: no apps frozen on TiBUP

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So i am rooted on ICS with OTA rootkeeper installed. i received an update notification for ZVK. I temp disabled root with rootkeeper. Did the update got the android screen with progress bar but when done I am still on ZVI. Must have gotten some error but I wasn't watching the whole time so don't know. This has happended twice.

Do i need to completely unroot to do this? I don't remember freezing any apps. How do i check if I have any frozen apps? What app do you use to freeze apps?

The only changes i recallto buil.prop I made is the camera shutter sound thing. Do you think that can be it?

Funny thing is I checked for update and it says I am updated.

i don't want to do the manual update to ZVK because trying to avoid starting over.

Edit: no apps frozen on TiBUP
Last edited by superflysocal; Today at 11:34 AM.

You changed your build.prop which is a no-no. You will have to re-flash stock.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, probably errored out. Didn't think of build.prop changes. Maybe that was my issue. I kept erroring out too, which is why i reflashed to clean zvi before rerooting, root keeper-ing and taking the zvk.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen