Can't Backup With ClockworkMod

anon32473

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So, I just rooted my Incredible and everything was going perfect until I wanted to do a backup of the phone.

When I get to the ClockworkMod recovery screen it won't create a backup of my phone. The error says -

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (or /devblock/mmcblk1)
(No such file or directory)
Can't mount /sdcard

And it says that immediately, no lag at all. So if it's making a recovery image, it's doing it fast, very fast.

I did have a few discrepancies when rooting my phone from the instructions on the site here.

First, when I installed the USB drivers on my computer and plugged in the phone, it did not match the screenshot from the unrevoked site but did install them properly. I never had HTC Sync, Dropbox, or anything like that installed on the computer. This was on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Screenshot.jpg

Second, I did not place the unrevoked Forever file on my phone because when I checked the phone, I was already running in S-off mode without it on there. The Superuser app is in my application tray and the phone states S-off when on the recovery screen.

My Incredible is completely stock hardware wise. Its has the stock 8GB micro-SD card on it. I'm wondering if that's part of the issue. I have not partitioned it either. I know that when I tried to install Google Earth on the phone, it would not work because it said I didn't have an SD card. Same thing with Evernote.

I would like to install CyanogenMod on the phone but I'm not going to attempt that if I can't make a recovery image of the phone.

Anybody have any ideas?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You have to have a microSD card in the phone to make a Nandroid backup. Pick up a cheap 2 gig card somewhere. The nandroids as well as the updates and the ROM images are all stored on the SD Card.

anon32473

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
You have to have a microSD card in the phone to make a Nandroid backup. Pick up a cheap 2 gig card somewhere. The nandroids as well as the updates and the ROM images are all stored on the SD Card.
So not having an SD card is the issue? Hmm, okay. Guess I'm gonna have to make a run out to Best Buy and pick up a cheap one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly