Can't connect by USB cable to PC

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been following a lot of threads dealing with the issue of mounting your phone to your PC with the USB cable. I have searched in vain for a solution. I had high hopes of the update coming out this week but it hasn't, hoping that would correct the problem.

So here is the situation. I am a newbie to this Fascinate phone, having had it only a month now. I am running stock, just the way I got it except for the update to EA-28 that came out. It is not rooted. I would prefer to keep it stock with only Verizon updates. Not interested in rooting.

When I connect my USB cable my PC (Windows 7) recognizes the phone and after I mount the USB the window pops up asking me what I want to do. It says "Removable Disk M". I click on "Open and view files" and then it asks me to insert a disk into removable disk M. That is as far as I get.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is there a work-around? Remember, I am a newbie so step by step explaination is what I need.

Believe me I have searched the forums for a solution and nothing has worked for me. I am hoping I am just missing something.

Robin

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I get the same thing as well.

Either get Removable disk or CD drive.

I tried it in Developer mode. Tried resetting the SD Card, Remove Battery> repower.....nothing has worked.

It's no big deal really, as I can always remove my card to load stuff up.

Phone charges fine.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been following a lot of threads dealing with the issue of mounting your phone to your PC with the USB cable. I have searched in vain for a solution. I had high hopes of the update coming out this week but it hasn't, hoping that would correct the problem.

So here is the situation. I am a newbie to this Fascinate phone, having had it only a month now. I am running stock, just the way I got it except for the update to EA-28 that came out. It is not rooted. I would prefer to keep it stock with only Verizon updates. Not interested in rooting.

When I connect my USB cable my PC (Windows 7) recognizes the phone and after I mount the USB the window pops up asking me what I want to do. It says "Removable Disk M". I click on "Open and view files" and then it asks me to insert a disk into removable disk M. That is as far as I get.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is there a work-around? Remember, I am a newbie so step by step explaination is what I need.

Believe me I have searched the forums for a solution and nothing has worked for me. I am hoping I am just missing something.

Robin

install drivers HERE
put the phone in debugging mode>plug it in> while its plugged , restart the phone> wait a couple mins and try to mount the sdcard, if it doesn mount unplug the phone for 10 seconds and try again

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Still no go

DroidXcon,

Thanks for trying to help. I followed your instructions and it still won't mount. I can only hope the next update will correct this problem for me. And who knows when that will happen?

I know that I can remove the mini-SD card and insert it in my PC's card reader and transfer files that way, but I shouldn't have to. And frankly that is a big pain in the b***! I use a snap-on case and it is very difficult to remove so I don't want to to it often.

I can use the USB cable to tether and that is a very good thing for me.

I was hoping I was missing something but evidently I was not. It just isn't going to work for me.

Robin

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found a resolution either yet. Tried 5 PCs:

XP Pro SP2
and 4 Win7 Home 64 bit

either get CD drive or Removable device

Tried with all the different Developer and USB "ask/mount" combination.