Can't connect to mobile network

myuuzik

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post and I'm pretty fed up. Yesterday my N4 suddenly lost signal. Not just a data connection but all network connection save for wifi. This happens really rarely (bought my device from Google in March and it's happened maybe 5 times since then) and usually a reboot fixes it. Upon reboot, N4 got stuck in an endless circles animation loop. Eventually I had had enough of that so I shut it off and attempted to reboot again. I did this about 3 or 4 times, getting stuck in the circles animation each time until my phone booted normally. Ever since then my network connection is short-lived upon boot. I think it must have something to do with the phone being awake, because it held connection being unused overnight. However upon using the phone for a bit (no data connection because I was on wifi but sending/receiving a few texts) I lost the connection again. Sometimes I find that the phone displays full bars, but I get "stuck" trying to make a call. The phone reads "dialing" but never connects, and will read "ending call" indefinitely when I try to hang up. I'll play around with the phone for a bit when it still hasn't "hung up" the call. It will be in this state whenever I enter the dialer. I apparently was not sending or receiving texts at these times either.

I've been trying to figure this out for some time. I've found out about the *#*#4636#*#* menu, and discovered I can only change the preferred network type sometimes and that is only a temporary solution. I switch the N4 to GSM only from "unknown" and this seems to fix network connectivity for a bit. Once I lose it, the preferred network type is "unknown" again and even though I can select a different option from the drop-down that new option doesn't stick. It reverts to "unknown" immediately. Below are some screenshots of not working connectivity.

I've tried booting in safe mode. Connection issues persist. Have yet to do a factory reset but I'm really trying not to do that. N4 is completely stock running 4.4.2.

Sorry for the novel but I'm really trying to get this fixed. Thanks.

myuuzik

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I did think of this, unfortunately the way the sim is cut I don't have another phone to test it in. I am all but certain it's not my network by the way the problem is temporarily fixed when I reboot the phone and the way the phone itself has been behaving.

Update- I did a factory reset with no difference in this problem, sigh. I have been rebooting several times a day as a temporary workaround. Today I reboot and now my N4 is stuck in the circle animation. Have been trying to shut it off while in the circle animation but it auto-reboots and doesn't stay off.

I'm really at a loss for what to do.

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Check the IMEI on swappa. Make sure its clean. If you bought from T-Mobile or used, could be bad IMEI.

Posted via Android Central App

myuuzik

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought straight from Google fresh. Lately I'll have to reboot a few times to get unstuck from the circles animation. Phone makes no obvious indication that texts won't go through until I try it.