Can't exit Bootloader on HTC one mini

A

AC Question

If my phone dies or if I shut down my phone, my HTC phone will turn back on in boot loader screen

***Locked***
M4.....

Fastboot

<vol up>

(you got the gist)

It has done it several times and the other times I do not know how but I got out of it but if the phone runs out of battery it returns....

I am frustrated with this phone and I hate being stuck in bootloader and not knowing how to get out .......I fear to turn my phone off or to run out of battery for the simple fact that I know it will go back to that screen and I will be stuck again

PLEASE HELP

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you select Fastboot? If that doesn't help, then select Recovery, then when you see the dead Android, press and hold Power, then tap Volume Up. Now select Reboot System Now.

nasryus

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you select Fastboot? If that doesn't help, then select Recovery, then when you see the dead Android, press and hold Power, then tap Volume Up. Now select Reboot System Now.
I just got this problem too! I tried turning my HTC One mini M4 on after charging it for some time. It's been off and in storage for two years up to this point. It came up with the exact thing OP got: HTC One mini M4 bootloader loop.jpg

I tried your suggestion but when I pressed 'Recovery' the Android logo appeared only for an instant, so there's not enough time to press volume up like you suggested.

Do you have any other suggestion I can try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you charge it up for? What happens if you leave it plugged into a wall outlet for 24 hours, completely undisturbed, then try powering on again?

nasryus

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How long did you charge it up for? What happens if you leave it plugged into a wall outlet for 24 hours, completely undisturbed, then try powering on again?
Thank you!
I think I've charged it no more than a few hours when it happened. Though I don't remember if it happened by itself or after I pressed the power button.

It's impossible to plug it into a wall outlet without this thing popping up anymore. When I turned it off and plugged it in to charge, the phone automatically powers up and into this "LOCKED" screen.

nasryus

May 13, 2016
Visit site
And all of the reboot options just bring you back to that screen? It may be a firmware or hardware problem, which my be hard to recover from. Not sure if this will be possible, but you could look into reinstalling the firmware: ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States
I have tried installing the ROM using the RUU tool, and it seemed like it's going smoothly. I got it to the "Updating" part, and after a few minutes this came up:
usbconnerror[HTC One mini M4].png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anantshukla