Can't find the Gear Manager in the Samsung apps on my new S5.

A

AC Question

My S4 Active just bit the dust. I have a Gear 2 Neo that i had paired with my S4 but after it died i reset the gear so i could reconnect it to my new S5 ......but i cannot find and install the Gear Manager app to connect my Gear 2 to my S5. Software is up to date as far as i know.

Trey Gaddy

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just bought the Samsung Gear S watch to go with my Samsung Galaxy S5... same issue. The samsung rep at best buycouldn't find it or figure it out. Went to AT&T, same thing. Was suggested to backup and restore my phone because I had been running a Nova Launcher instead of the WizTouch. Backed up, restored... still doesn't exist in the Samsung store now called "GALAXY apps". Both reps said that the recent update must have messed something up. Doesn't make me feel any better about dropping $300 on a smart watch that literally cant even tell me the time without being able to finish the set up. Its paired with my phone but wont connect. Very frustrated... Any advice besides take this crap back?!

gabby98

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I just got the S5 and have the Gear 2...found the Gear app y by opening the app drawer, opening the menu, choosing Galaxy Essentials...I think it was listed there but if not you can then choose "More From Galaxy Apps" at the bottom of the list and then search for the gear manager

If you still have the old phone in your possession, you could also use ES File Explorer or Helium to backup and restore the app to new phone

Trey Gaddy

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just called Samsung. A tech said that the Gear manager for the S5 has been pulled anticipating the 5.0 Kitkat roll out. Said it should be back soon but couldnt say how soon. Right now Im stuck with a not smart smartphone. I checked Galaxy Essentials, searched and the only thing it brings up is the Galaxy Fit manager. Say for the Galaxy app store. He did say there was ways to install the apk file manually but that its quite tedious. Im looking into that now.