Can't get Messages to verify my number

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agree 100%. My first smart phone was a Palm Pre, and the possibilities of customizing it were literally endless. They actively encouraged 3rd-party "patches" to customize it. It's probably why I'll never be comfortable with Apple.
Oh wow Palm Pre i remember that device never owned it :) i was on iphone 3 or 4 at that time lol

DallasXanadu

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
Oh wow Palm Pre i remember that device never owned it :) i was on iphone 3 or 4 at that time lol

And after 5 days of "chat not supported by your carrier", phone went back to "trying to verify number" for 2 days. And now back to connected and working fine. For now. I'm surprised Google puts their name on something so clunky.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And after 5 days of "chat not supported by your carrier", phone went back to "trying to verify number" for 2 days. And now back to connected and working fine. For now. I'm surprised Google puts their name on something so clunky.
Im not sure why some having this issue but i heard leaving it alone for some time it fixes itself, glad its working now !

BTSyndrome

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
My new Pixel 5, that I just got last week, transferred everything from my Pixel 3 just fine using a cord & using the same SIM card.
Text came through with contacts name and picture but I had to reset the desired notification sound for every single contact.

My problem was every incoming phone call was displayed as "Restricted". Went through all the settings, googling for a fix, and visiting the Verizon store (complete waste of time) the only resolution that was mentioned was to hope and wait...... 4 days later, It finally started working. I believe it was a Verizon issue not supporting incoming caller id numbers and/or pairing them to my contacts.

Now that everything is working, I am thrilled I snagged a Pixel 5.
Now I can wait for Pixel 7 or more likely 8 when they finally get smart and make a smaller size phone like the 5!

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I too had the same problem. I tried all the troubleshooting steps. Finally, I went to a Verizon corporate store and replaced the SIM card. That was the trick.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My new Pixel 5, that I just got last week, transferred everything from my Pixel 3 just fine using a cord & using the same SIM card.
Text came through with contacts name and picture but I had to reset the desired notification sound for every single contact.

My problem was every incoming phone call was displayed as "Restricted". Went through all the settings, googling for a fix, and visiting the Verizon store (complete waste of time) the only resolution that was mentioned was to hope and wait...... 4 days later, It finally started working. I believe it was a Verizon issue not supporting incoming caller id numbers and/or pairing them to my contacts.

Now that everything is working, I am thrilled I snagged a Pixel 5.
Now I can wait for Pixel 7 or more likely 8 when they finally get smart and make a smaller size phone like the 5!
Did you have any issues with chat messages registered?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not at all. It verified my number and had the green Connected from initial setup.
I don't know what I might have done that didn't cause any hiccups.
Ok good , which carrier you have?

Edit: nevermind see you mentioned Verizon , my bad

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisnan