Can't get my laptop to find my Chromecast

Plains5728

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
My problem was Windows 8.1 could see the Chromecast. It wouldn't connect to the Chromecast. I pulled out my Kindle and Chromecast hooked right up and breezed through the setup. Went back to my laptop, downloaded the Chromecast extension for my Chrome browser and now I can cast from my laptop.

RonBogner

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me. I had ProXPN installed on my win 7 computer. This program loaded the "tap windows adapter v9" network adapter. I disabled it in device manager and all works now.

trippymanni

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
My nexus 7 just refuses to work with it. What i find odd is that it works fine with my fathers note 4. Tried it against a friends nexus too same thing. thinking its a firmware problem?

saintgeorge84790

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Try all that was suggested by others. If it still doesn't work then try this. BTW this procedures is for 8.1 version but any version should have something similar to this.
1. Go to Control Panel
2. Select Windows Firewall
3. Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall
4. Scroll down until you see Virtual machine Monitoring. Select it and click on Private and or Public. Then OK.
5. Restart your Chrome Browser.

It should now work. At least it works for me. Good Luck !!!

I have spend about 6 hours looking at other Forums and came to the conclusions that you either have to turn ON or OFF anything that say "Virtual"t. Whether it be on the Network Adapter or Firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332