can't personalize alert notification tones. text message ringtone

Keeka1

Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
I got the s20. I have my own ringtones and alerttones. I was able to use my own ring tone but it won't let me use tones that aren't built in standard on the phone for alerts, particularly that I want to change it for text messages and FB messenger. Voicemail too. I'm also having trouble figuring out setting different tones for different types of alerts

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looking for it for Google messages. Only can use oem notification sounds, but not custom music I have saved in storage
Then same would apply long press then tap info and go notifications tap then tap incoming messages change the sound to one of defaultScreenshot_20200315-023304_Settings.jpeg

Maher Salfiti

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
At first, I also was annoyed I couldn't use my own sounds, but I remembered it also happened when I bought my old Pixel. I connected my my s20+ to my laptop and opened the storage folders. My sounds went to the S20's internal storage, I believe, so I moved them. I don't remember the folder names, but look for Media, Sounds, Ringtones, Notifications. Move your stuff there and they will be available as choices for you along with the default sound options. If you didn't transfer them over, connect your old phone and copy them over to the S20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol