Can't turn off autorotation

noartinhere

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Auto-rotation is something what is pissing me off. For some reasons, I CAN'T switch it off. Even though 'auto rotate' is off in settings (or alternatively settings > display, gestures & buttons > auto-rotate screen). It is annoying as hell.
Phone restart did not help (I haven't tried restoring to factory settings yet...).
Any ideas?

EDIT:
reset to factory settings didn't help :(
HTC ONE on Android 4.4.2
Thanks!

Last edited:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well that's a new one. And it does this everywhere? I've noticed on my Flex that a couple apps bypass the system rotation settings, not sure if this is a bug or a feature in 4.x that some apps can override.

bugs182

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
try to recalibrate the g-sensor,. it works for me (im using htce8),.. this issue i guest because i drop my handphone,. good luck

LindaIN78

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
And you have it off in the display settings to? mine doesnt rotate after turning both off

Finally someone phrased that answer in a way even I was able to understand, I never realized that inorder to fully prevent the screen from rotating I had to not only turn off in the drop-down settings but also in the accessibility settings as well! THANK You

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon