Case or no case on HTC One M8?

magraf

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one from Amazon (case with clip and kickstand) that broke in three different places in three days. Not impressing.

Went back to Verizon. They brought out their case/kickstand for the regular HTC One, which fit just fine and is very sturdy. I've had it for over a month and use it several times a day for my HTC One M8. Definitely recommend.

meriflower

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the red Verizon M8 and my personal preference is to go without a case. I really like the look and feel of this phone without one. I did put a screen protector on it and for those times that I have to go out and about I bought a case for it from Oberon Design. That way it's more protected when its in my purse or backpack.

Last edited:

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a skin from slickwraps a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. The carbon fiber series looks amazing on my M8. The gray colored one fits perfectly with the gunmetal gray color. The skin keeps the phone feeling like there's nothing on it at all, while adding a little extra grip. Also protects it from any scratching or things like that from normal daily use. I elected to just order the skin that covers the back and sides of the phone, seeing as I already had a clear screen protector on the front.

I have tried multiple cases on the phone but I just never felt the need to have them because of the amazing build quality of the M8. Also, I simply don't drop my phone very often at all so I never really had a need to cover up this beautiful phone with a slab of plastic.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually find I can handle the phone more securely without a case. I don't have the biggest hands and I guess the added bulk of a case makes it harder to handle. Also found with a case it was more sticky putting in and out of pocket which made it feel more at risk of a drop. I'm therefore happier without a case but do have a slight worry that if I ever drop it it could be toast. The idea of a clear skin is interesting but I'm generally rubbish at applying them plus I like the feel of the raw metal too much!

Posted via Android Central App

wsm0807

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got the m8 on Saturday, and it didn't leave the Sprint store without an otter box commuter. I swear by these cases. I've had them in my bb bold, gs3 and now the m8. In my profession a protective case is absolutely necessary and I've never had a problem with commuters .

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm rocking a speck white/black grip case with a invisible shield screen protector on my M8 since day one! This phone is too beautiful to have scratches on it!

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

fiat3192

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Otterbox defender for my M8
Always liked Otterbox
I also have the speck grip which is my back up case

vincent thomas1

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Supcase. And I have a zagg glass installed. Better safe than sorry

Attachments

• 15811.jpg
    15811.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 15810.jpg
    15810.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 126

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Just put the supcase on mine today and it's freakin awesome! I've had an otterbox defender on my last 3 phones including the m7 and like this much better. Mine is the grey/toxic green. The phone was way to slick without it. I'd have destroyed it in a matter of days.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I like some of the suggestions while some of yours are bulky I saw these and want opinions, you can see there are price difference and materials.

Attachments

• 1414612701543.jpg
    1414612701543.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1414612711347.jpg
    1414612711347.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Sampersand

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't wear protection (pun intended)
No case, no screen protector.

The phone looks great without anything needed around it. A case only gets in the way.
I originally purchased a "dotted case" as it looked great on the internet. However I opened the package and directly returned it to sender.
It looked super-cheap, didn't close properly, … it was a real disaster!

AND as mentioned by Benjamin_NYC the phone gets hot from time to time so a case might ruin the phone.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't wear protection (pun intended)
No case, no screen protector.

The phone looks great without anything needed around it. A case only gets in the way.
I originally purchased a "dotted case" as it looked great on the internet. However I opened the package and directly returned it to sender.
It looked super-cheap, didn't close properly, … it was a real disaster!

AND as mentioned by Benjamin_NYC the phone gets hot from time to time so a case might ruin the phone.

I do get what you're saying but the m8 is thin, thin enough to be a bit tough to handle. And I'm not the only one (family)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail