Cases for the Nexus 6P

Roose00

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ordered redshield TPU case off Amazon. Smoke color is awesome on aluminum back.

Adds decent grip but is also smooth. Buttons are great.

Very thin, has a slight screen lip. Cutouts are generous

Not sure about drop protection, but that's always a risk of thin case.

Keeps the camera hump in design. Actually really like it

10/10 for me

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait for a slim case that has 'PROPER' grip enhancement at the part of the phones where it's needed: the left and right SIDES. Makes no sense that case makers (and phone makers) talk about textured backs that help you hold the phone. When is everyone going to admit that the back of the phone has ZERO impact on whether or not it's going to slip out of your hands or not. IT'S the SIDES THAT MATTER. Those are the two points that are gripped by your hand, not the phreaking BACK!
I couldn't disagree more strongly. I'm not sure why you need grip enhancement for the sides at all. If you have your hand on one edge and fingers on the other, you have opposition and a gentle squeeze will keep it in place. But when you go to reach your thumb all the way across the screen, most people have to pull their fingers off the edge and onto the back, resulting in loss of opposition, and that's precisely when a grippy back will help.

MinakiRogue

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I really like both the Red Shield and the Spigen Thin Fit, however should I be worried that they both are exposing completely the black visor? I am hesitant to buy a case that exposes a sensitive area.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought the $35 case off Google Store in graphite and I love it. Fits nice and snug around the phone and the microfiber backing gives it an excellent grip. Definitely recommend it. Worth the $ IMO
So to be clear, the microfiber is somehow tacky, as in it provides extra grip for the fingers when they leave the side to stretch the thumb across the display when using it one-handed?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I really like both the Red Shield and the Spigen Thin Fit, however should I be worried that they both are exposing completely the black visor? I am hesitant to buy a case that exposes a sensitive area.
at least half of that "black visor" is exposed on every case anyway. Just sayin...

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

The RedShield (at least my clear) case does not leave the black visor completely exposed, it instead has a cutout for the camera, flash, and laser. I'm really happy with the case, it lets you see the beauty of the phone while having openings that are large enough for the fingerprint sensor and USB-C cable.

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the RedShield case. it has the small nano dots on the inside like the rest of the clear TPU cases on Amazon FWIW. Best part is there is no advertising on the case. Turning yellow however TBD but for 8 bucks its a no brainer.

IMG_20151102_184623_zpshfjzayr4.jpg
IMG_20151102_222123_zps8kker17l.jpg

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like Spigen added a new case to their website for pre-order. It's the slim fit case that I mentioned I was hoping for earlier. Link and picture below. It's not available until 11/20 though. I've had this case on previous phones and it is hands down the best thin case I have ever owned. You won't be sorry with this purchase. It's worth the wait and for $14.99 and free shipping it's one hell of a deal!

Nexus 6P Case Thin Fit – Spigen Inc.

View attachment 204026

After making a very bad choice and buying the Verus case with it's sticky charging port openings... even after it came in a week or so before the 6P, it looked good. Sure it took forever to get to my locations via wagon train or steam boat... and I thought US Mail ground was slow, it's got nothing on the way Verus USA shipped this. Of course I would have never ordered it had I seen the current reviews on Amazon.

I looked at this Spigen. I have had some of their cases in the past... I preordered one last night.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So having only half the black visit exposed does not interfere with the sensors on the back? If so, I'm getting the Rinfke FUSION.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After making a very bad choice and buying the Verus case with it's sticky charging port openings... even after it came in a week or so before the 6P, it looked good. Sure it took forever to get to my locations via wagon train or steam boat... and I thought US Mail ground was slow, it's got nothing on the way Verus USA shipped this. Of course I would have never ordered it had I seen the current reviews on Amazon.

I looked at this Spigen. I have had some of their cases in the past... I preordered one last night.

Did you contact Verus? I used a nail file and filed out the opening just a hair top and bottom of the charging port and I have no problems now... Verus said they were aware of the charging port issue and are sending me a brand new modified case once the issue is fixed.

The one I have now that I had to file out the opening a little bit looks and feels amazing though. Was just that charging port issue and they are fixing it by sending me a new replacement case once they have them in....

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
So to be clear, the microfiber is somehow tacky, as in it provides extra grip for the fingers when they leave the side to stretch the thumb across the display when using it one-handed?

I wouldn't say its tacky but it just feels more natural and there definitely is not that slippery feel of a naked device. Everyone has diff hand sizes and the way they hold phones but part of the inside of my fingers and part of palm are on the microfiber when holding phone in a natural position so it definitely helps me. The very center of my palm is raised off the microfiber if that helps at all. I think that is the case for most ppl.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Another option is to use a Quad Lock: Quad Lock ‐ Other Devices

I've been using it for years since my Galaxy S4. they sell all types of mounts for bikes, arm bands, cars, tripods, etc. The mating surface to lock onto it, they make one that is "universal adapter" that will stick to any solid case (Quad Lock ‐ Quad Lock, Universal Adapter, Phone mount, Quad Lock Mount, Android Mount). This is a great option as you can use the universal adapter on any device and then lock it onto the mount.

The lock is solid, the blue collar on the actual mount is spring loaded and you have to pull it down in order to twist the device off it.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Another option is to use a Quad Lock: Quad Lock ‐ Other Devices

I've been using it for years since my Galaxy S4. they sell all types of mounts for bikes, arm bands, cars, tripods, etc. The mating surface to lock onto it, they make one that is "universal adapter" that will stick to any solid case (Quad Lock ‐ Quad Lock, Universal Adapter, Phone mount, Quad Lock Mount, Android Mount). This is a great option as you can use the universal adapter on any device and then lock it onto the mount.

The lock is solid, the blue collar on the actual mount is spring loaded and you have to pull it down in order to twist the device off it.

Which case will you be using with the 6P and Quad Lock? I am trying to find a good one for my incoming phone.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say its tacky but it just feels more natural and there definitely is not that slippery feel of a naked device.
Yeah, describing feel in words is pretty much an effort in futility. The only reason I would use a case at all is to reduce the slipperiness of the back. My old phone has a very tacky back which I love, but it seems like most phones today are intentionally designed to be more slippery. Hard plastic, stiff leather, polished metal, and even glass -- I don't get it. How about rubber?

nahaluk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered redshield TPU case off Amazon. Smoke color is awesome on aluminum back.

Adds decent grip but is also smooth. Buttons are great.

Very thin, has a slight screen lip. Cutouts are generous

Not sure about drop protection, but that's always a risk of thin case.

Keeps the camera hump in design. Actually really like it

10/10 for me

I ordered exactly the same case from aliexpress for two bucks. It awesome.
Soft Transparent TPU Gel Cover Case Skin For Huawei Nexus 6P (5.7 inches)-in Phone Bags & Cases from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has there been any developments/word regarding reasonably slim holsters (like the Seidio Surface/Holster combo)? I just got my 6P and so far I'm loving it, but I'd prefer to keep it on my hip. If there's a decent pouch-type holster that would do too! (preferably on a swivel)

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I got this case on an aluminum 6p:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4802495

It is just okay, as it the black case is a finger print magnet and it is a bit on the slippery side. Your skin oils just build up on the smooth surface and makes it more slippery. I don't mind the button covers like I thought I would, and it is easy to put on and take off. Keeping it on until the Tudia matte case ships. Here are some pics:
IMG_20151104_111433.jpgIMG_20151104_111444.jpgIMG_20151104_111453.jpgIMG_20151104_111406.jpg

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my Ringke Fusion clear case and screen protector today. Case looks good, just waiting on phone to arrive soon.

BTW, anyone that has a front screen protector know if this one is ok/has the right cutouts? I see Ringke has the front camera circle, top speaker and bottom speaker cutouts... Guess there's no need for a notification led light cutout?

Screen protector:
View attachment 203964

Case:
View attachment 203965View attachment 203966View attachment 203967

I had this case on Galaxy 6 Edge. I tried 3 other cases (2 Spigens), and this was by far my favorite. I ordered the darker case from google for my hopefully soon to be delivered Nexus, if I don't love it, I'm going to try this. On the S6, the sides were rubbery, but the back was some type of harder plastic. It was actually pretty tacky, made it easy to hold. Also, very slim. I also actually liked the port covers, but if you don't, cut them off. How are you liking it?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I had this case on Galaxy 6 Edge. I tried 3 other cases (2 Spigens), and this was by far my favorite. I ordered the darker case from google for my hopefully soon to be delivered Nexus, if I don't love it, I'm going to try this. On the S6, the sides were rubbery, but the back was some type of harder plastic. It was actually pretty tacky, made it easy to hold. Also, very slim. I also actually liked the port covers, but if you don't, cut them off. How are you liking it?

So far, I really like it. It's not a really slippery plastic like the post above with that black case. It has the covering at the top for the headphone jack that pop up and you can close it when not in use. The side volume/power buttons are exposed, as is the USB charging port at the bottom. Also really easy to get the phone in/out, but still fits nice and snug.

I'm still on the fence if I'll continue with it, as I do like black cases more overall for aesthetics personally, but until something really hits my fancy, I'm going to rock this one in the meantime.