Cases for the Nexus 6P

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Received my Diztronic today. Love it, slightly bigger charging port compared to OEM cover. Only flaw is finger print sensor hole is slightly bigger than I'd like but its good for people with big fingers. Not a deal breaker. :)

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone's opinions on screen protectors? Anyone using one right now? Decided against it?
I don't see the point in them. My soon-to-be-replaced-by-the-Nexus-6p phone has a Gorilla Glass display, and after 2.5 years of riding caseless in pockets with coins and keys, there's literally not a single scratch on it.

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on the Verus case with a red bumper. It's linked somewhere in the thread. Saw a dude got a damaged one, that sucks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point in them. My soon-to-be-replaced-by-the-Nexus-6p phone has a Gorilla Glass display, and after 2.5 years of riding caseless in pockets with coins and keys, there's literally not a single scratch on it.

You got lucky because people with empty pockets get scratches. It's a gamble - do you need one? No, but you'll appreciate it when it saves a scratch.

stevenkelby

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

I use screen protectors not to guard against scratches, but against a smashed screen. If I never dropped my phone I wouldn't bother but I have smashed a few screen protectors over the years, saving a few screens.

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on the Verus case with a red bumper. It's linked somewhere in the thread. Saw a dude got a damaged one, that sucks.

Let us know if the charging cable fits with that case i see some reports of it not fitting

Posted via the Android Central App

rajendra82

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
That is good case, even with the issues with the too small charging port. I have been very happy after I took a nail file to the bumper. I am usually not a fan of any case, but this is one of the few not wanting me to toss it in the trash can immediately.

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't usually do cases or screen protectors but because if the cost of the phone I might be interested in doing so this time. I would be looking for thin low profile protection nothing too bulky I mainly worried about the screen and the camera glass

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Verus sent this to me:

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

As per request, we will ship out a brand new revised Nexus 6P case bumper to you once we receive our shipment.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Also, in order to help us continue to make a better product and provide better service, we would be grateful if you could please provide us with a product review of the revised case.

You may keep the original case.

Thank you.

--

Best Regards,
Customer Support Representative

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
You got lucky because people with empty pockets get scratches. It's a gamble - do you need one? No, but you'll appreciate it when it saves a scratch.
2.5 years is enough of a usage pattern to fall outside the bounds of luck. Fabric will not scratch glass, so if people with empty pockets are getting scratches, they're doing something else to put them there.

The phone I had previously didn't have Gorilla Glass, and it ended up with quite a few micro scratches all over the surface. They were easily visible when the phone was off, but they didn't affect readability of the display when it was on. But with the Gorilla Glass: nothing. It looks as good as the day I got it.

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I use screen protectors not to guard against scratches, but against a smashed screen. If I never dropped my phone I wouldn't bother but I have smashed a few screen protectors over the years, saving a few screens.
Yeah, I'm generally very careful with anything electronic or expensive. I've never dropped my phone, so I figure if I do and it breaks, I'll buy another. The sum total of all the protective cases, insurance plans, and deductibles costs more than a new phone, anyway.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
2.5 years is enough of a usage pattern to fall outside the bounds of luck. Fabric will not scratch glass, so if people with empty pockets are getting scratches, they're doing something else to put them there.

The phone I had previously didn't have Gorilla Glass, and it ended up with quite a few micro scratches all over the surface. They were easily visible when the phone was off, but they didn't affect readability of the display when it was on. But with the Gorilla Glass: nothing. It looks as good as the day I got it.

I've gotten micro-scratches from an empty pocket. I don't abuse my device and it always has a clean empty pocket. Unfortunately, it can still happen although it isn't the fabric causing it. No idea what does it but its enough to not risk. My tempered glass has never had a noticeable scratch so its obviously not common for me but I'd rather side with caution.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone's opinion on the clear spigen cases? Does it turn yellow like other clear cases do? Will it be super glossy? I want to get the aluminum 6p but if the black rugged armor is a better choice then I'm not going to wait for the alum 128gb to come back in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha