"Cast to a nearby device" popup problems

RyanRaz

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I've been getting this a lot over the last 2 weeks on my Note 5. Sometimes my phone is unusable at home. I think it's trying to connect with my upstairs neighbor's stuff. It just keeps popping up instantaneously over and over again. I've tried reinstalling certain apps (spotify, sonos, fire tv, etc...). Just tried clearing the google play cache and it came back 10 minutes later. This is getting really frustrating and I can't find a solution on the web. Tried every old solution I've seen. Still popping up. Any help would be really appreciated!

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting this a lot over the last 2 weeks on my Note 5. Sometimes my phone is unusable at home. I think it's trying to connect with my upstairs neighbor's stuff. It just keeps popping up instantaneously over and over again. I've tried reinstalling certain apps (spotify, sonos, fire tv, etc...). Just tried clearing the google play cache and it came back 10 minutes later. This is getting really frustrating and I can't find a solution on the web. Tried every old solution I've seen. Still popping up. Any help would be really appreciated!

If you are talking about what I think you are, go to Google settings (either an app or in your settings menu), scroll down to Google Cast, and turn off remote control notifications

Space7hoop

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
That worked I hope.
I went to settings-google-google cast-Turn off button that says "Show Remote control notification".
I have a Samsung Galaxy J7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdm8700