CAT S62 Pro

VladySK

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I have a CAT S62 Pro, when I connect the charger, the red diode flashes a few times and goes out. The mobile cannot be turned on. I bought a new flashlight, according to the multimeter it should be charged. After inserting it into the mobile phone and connecting it to the charger, no diode will light up, but the mobile phone will not turn on either. Where can the error be? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Hardware Hideaway (I've actually never been sure what that subforum is for :unsure: ) to the Ask A Question forum.

Have you tried different charger/cable combinations? Also, make sure you're plugging into a wall outlet, and not a computer USB port. Let it charge for 6 hours undisturbed, and then try powering on again.

VladySK

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Hardware Hideaway (I've actually never been sure what that subforum is for :unsure: ) to the Ask A Question forum.

Have you tried different charger/cable combinations? Also, make sure you're plugging into a wall outlet, and not a computer USB port. Let it charge for 6 hours undisturbed, and then try powering on again.
I tried different adapters and cables. The battery should be charged, but I will try your tip. Thanks

Reactions: B. Diddy

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Since your cable and brick work for other devices you might also check your USBC port on the device. USBC is a big opening and it is possible that there's something in the port stopping it from fully seating. Take a look in there and maybe blow it out with some compressed air just for fun.

Before this had you noticed any slow charging times? The device getting unusually warm or hot? These can be signs that something isn't making the needed connection, preferably something in the port that can be removed vs a bad port.

Prior to this the device die due to low power? This can be bad for the device and cause the device to be unresponsive, but @B. Diddy's advice usually cures that if it is the issue. Usually.

Does the plug feel solid in the port? Has the device taken any falls or drops recently? There are many ways to damage a device, a drop on the plug while connected could push the PCB the port is connected to and cause problems. Just a regular drop at the wrong angle. I once saw a device fall on the pavement and survive and the same device fall on thick carpet and break.

Let us know what you find and we'll offer more advice with your added information.

Best wishes.

Reactions: B. Diddy

VladySK

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Since your cable and brick work for other devices you might also check your USBC port on the device. USBC is a big opening and it is possible that there's something in the port stopping it from fully seating. Take a look in there and maybe blow it out with some compressed air just for fun.

Before this had you noticed any slow charging times? The device getting unusually warm or hot? These can be signs that something isn't making the needed connection, preferably something in the port that can be removed vs a bad port.

Prior to this the device die due to low power? This can be bad for the device and cause the device to be unresponsive, but @B. Diddy's advice usually cures that if it is the issue. Usually.

Does the plug feel solid in the port? Has the device taken any falls or drops recently? There are many ways to damage a device, a drop on the plug while connected could push the PCB the port is connected to and cause problems. Just a regular drop at the wrong angle. I once saw a device fall on the pavement and survive and the same device fall on thick carpet and break.

Let us know what you find and we'll offer more advice with your added information.

Best wishes.
I cleaned the USB-C port. When there was still an old battery and I connected the charger, the LED flashed red (that means the battery has less than 15%) and then went out. I thought the battery was bad, so I replaced it, but now if I put the phone in the charger, no diode lights up.

The mobile worked normally, but I couldn't find it for a while and it was out for about a month. It rained on it, the sun shone on it, but I think it should last, after all it is a CAT with IP69. When replacing the battery, I took it all apart and it had no signs of oxidation from water or anything like that.

I'll probably try replacing the charging port and if that doesn't help, I'll take it to the service center to see if I can do something with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought the battery was bad, so I replaced it, but now if I put the phone in the charger, no diode lights up.
Ah, that's an important piece of information! It's possible the replacement battery is bad, or something went wrong with the replacement process.

Also, had you ever opened it up before, or could someone else have done so? Once the phone is opened up, the IP rating means nothing, so getting wet could have led to some moisture damage.

Reactions: VidJunky

VladySK

Nov 21, 2023
Visit site
Ah, that's an important piece of information! It's possible the replacement battery is bad, or something went wrong with the replacement process.

Also, had you ever opened it up before, or could someone else have done so? Once the phone is opened up, the IP rating means nothing, so getting wet could have led to some moisture damage.
The mobile has never been opened before. Only after it was outside for a long time and did not work did I replace the battery. I also measured the new battery with a multimeter and it has 3.8V and 5000mAh, so the values are correct.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Being outside like that is something that would have taken us down other roads. I mean after being outside it starting having issues and while the inner portion of the device was protected the terminals that connect it to the USBC plug would be exposed. Before you pay to replace the charging port you could try something like IPA or electronics cleaner in the charging port to clean up terminals. It's pretty hard to scrub the connectors but setting the device upright sand letting IPA sit in the port for a few minutes, dumping it and then blowing it out really well with compressed air couldn't hurt. You might also get the scrubbing action literally by plugging and unplugging the cable a dozen times or more after making some effort to loosen or dislodge gunk with IPA or electronics cleaner.

In this case the IPA is less about its solvent properties and more about its harmlessness to the electrical components of the device.

Last edited: