Cell connectivity is just bad or is TMobile just this bad.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I'm using a physical sim in T-Mobile and I'm surprised that my data and call connections are so consistent. But, there are always those areas around town where TMobile just has a weak to no signal at all and it drives me nuts. Every time I go to WinCo, I can't stream my music if it's not downloaded to my phone. And, if I'm trying to listen on Bluetooth ear buds, I can't even pause the music because it's cutting in and out so much. And, of course, it really goes berserk when I'm at the check out line right when the clerk wants to talk to me! Grrrr!
That's the luxury of having 2 phones. In the same location, my iphone has no problems. Where I am staying I always stay for work and no other device has had this happen.

In the areas where I know I have a weaker signal it's even worse compared to my Samsung in the same location.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I have a dud or hardware problem. I tried to switch to LTE just to see if that helps. The phone completely dropped connection and went to emergency. Had to restart the phone to get the network back. It will just randomly drop all internet, I have to either restart or turn airplane mode on and off to get the internet back.

This device is going back as soon as I get home from my work trip. Can't really rely on this device to work properly when traveling. Samsung has yet to let me down.

I'll be able to test this out thanksgiving when I travel up to Michigan.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android authority did a poll of p7p users having connectiviity issues. Of those that responded 21% are having connectivity issues. Not as bad as the p6p poll they did but still a pretty high number.

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-7-reception-connectivity-issues-poll-results-3223171/

I did see the article in my news feed yesterday , the 7pro looks a lot better out the gate then the 6pro from what I been reading and from around the forums here.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had 0 issues on T-Mobile with a physical SIM on the P7. I've never turned on 5G though, just running on regular LTE. Frankly I find 5G to be a useless gimmick that just drains more battery.
Curious to see how it will be in Europe though, travelling there in December. Btw, does anyone have recommendations for a data SIM that works across multiple countries in Western EU? (FR, LU, BE, GE)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
[Mod Note]

TheAngryToaster and Chillywill95 i dont want this little back and forth going beyond this .
I did a clean up

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Do you have a system update?
Unfortunately no, I have returned the device. Although I did try and get it replaced instead of a return. After 2 hours with Google Support and being told they would replace the device.

The person who was suppose to do that said he wouldn't unless he did trouble shooting on the device. This is even after i was clearly told they are going to replace the device just cancel your rma and transfer back to pixel support. At this point the device was factory reset and not even activated for service. Even though I was given the OK for replacement prior to that person.

At that point I was over it and opted for a return. Not really worth hassle in the end for a device that I can just return.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Unfortunately no, I have returned the device. Although I did try and get it replaced instead of a return. After 2 hours with Google Support and being told they would replace the device.

The person who was suppose to do that said he wouldn't unless he did trouble shooting on the device. This is even after i was clearly told they are going to replace the device just cancel your rma and transfer back to pixel support. At this point the device was factory reset and not even activated for service. Even though I was given the OK for replacement prior to that person.

At that point I was over it and opted for a return. Not really worth hassle in the end for a device that I can just return.

Yeah I don't really blame you. I would be upset as well after spending that much money on a device that doesn't work right. Google has their hands in everything and try to be the best at all of it. I feel like all the companies are rushing too much just to put a new phone out every year. Then they spend more time working out all the issues while at the same time pushing for the next build lol. Money is worse than crack to some damn lol.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Yeah I don't really blame you. I would be upset as well after spending that much money on a device that doesn't work right. Google has their hands in everything and try to be the best at all of it. I feel like all the companies are rushing too much just to put a new phone out every year. Then they spend more time working out all the issues while at the same time pushing for the next build lol. Money is worse than crack to some damn lol.
I am hopefully because they are cutting stuff to focus more on hardware. They still need to iron out customer service when it comes to hardware. Especially if the customer can simply return the device.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I am hopefully because they are cutting stuff to focus more on hardware. They still need to iron out customer service when it comes to hardware. Especially if the customer can simply return the device.

Maybe they are spending too much time deleting/limiting the internet lol. They really do have some sort of hidden agenda that they are pushing. Go to google.com and change your browser to desktop view. Then search anything that you think would have tons of results and websites and everything else about it. Like search the word flowers and look at the top where it says like 2,300,000,000 results on .3 seconds. But then scroll to the bottom and keep hitting the last page until you can't go anymore. You wont get very far and you will notice if you look back at the top it doesn't say a trillion results anymore, it changes to like 400 lol. Even if you hit the link that says some results were omitted, click to show them and it doesn't add much more lol. Pay attention to all the websites listed too. It's always just a handful of top ones and then some random ones thrown in. It's weird lol.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Maybe they are spending too much time deleting/limiting the internet lol. They really do have some sort of hidden agenda that they are pushing. Go to google.com and change your browser to desktop view. Then search anything that you think would have tons of results and websites and everything else about it. Like search the word flowers and look at the top where it says like 2,300,000,000 results on .3 seconds. But then scroll to the bottom and keep hitting the last page until you can't go anymore. You wont get very far and you will notice if you look back at the top it doesn't say a trillion results anymore, it changes to like 400 lol. Pay attention to all the websites listed too. It's always just a handful of top ones and then some random ones thrown in. It's weird lol.
I use duckduckgo as my default search and home page.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I use duckduckgo as my default search and home page.

All the search engines are doing it. Some are better than others, but something is definitely up. And if you look at pages and pages, it's a lot of the same websites that get repeated. You would think the internet would have a whole lot more variety, especially the farther you scroll, but not really. Check it out lol. Do duckduckgo, yahoo, bing, and any others you can think of. It's a limited amount of information you will find.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's t-mobile. I live in a excellent t-mobile area, yet service is still spotty at times. Verizon on the other hand as been flawless. Same phones used and verizon is always better for me. The main problem with T-Mobile was the constant "searching" and not registered on network when trying to make a call. The searching happens like clockwork every couple say 40 min or so. So when I'm on a longer call, I keep getting disconnects.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
It's t-mobile. I live in a excellent t-mobile area, yet service is still spotty at times. Verizon on the other hand as been flawless. Same phones used and verizon is always better for me. The main problem with T-Mobile was the constant "searching" and not registered on network when trying to make a call. The searching happens like clockwork every couple say 40 min or so. So when I'm on a longer call, I keep getting disconnects.
The thing is my work phone is also on t-mobile and never once dropped internet, forcing me to do a restart or toggling airplane mode.

I am back at the same hotel with my fold 4 and it hasn't had a single hiccup.

It's the phone, it happens sometimes. Not every device is going to be 100% out or the millions made.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95