Cell Time Without Signal 100%?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I set up my daughters Vivid stock AT&T, 4.03 3.6 Sense, and the phone works fine, used it all day, with a good signal after 12 hours I checked battery usage it shows time without signal 100%. I know it's wrong because I was never without a signal, anyone else this?

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know about this feature...I just checked my battery use page and don't see a listing for "time without signal". Other battery use situations, but not that. ??

Kurt

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know about this feature...I just checked my battery use page and don't see a listing for "time without signal". Other battery use situations, but not that. ??

Kurt

Hi Kurt,
Under Settings>Battery> you will see a list of items, one is "Cell Standby" touch it and it will say time without signal and a % Mine is usually like 4% or so, this phone which hasn't dropped a call or seemed to ever be without a signal says 100%, has to be something flaky in the software :-\

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I got to the Cell Standby screen as you indicate (although with different selections) but there's no entry for time without a signal. It just says something like 11% on cell standby. I guess in my case, I've not been without a signal. Maybe I have pretty good coverage with towers here in town versus other towns where there are gaps???

Kurt

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about, cell "time without signal", and a pic of my battery life, my battery life is really starting to sux also, I wonder if the phone is actually acting like it has no signal even though it does, beats the heck out of me :-\

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My phone doesn't have anything below "Time On" on that second screen...I've never encountered this situation.

Kurt

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone doesn't have anything below "Time On" on that second screen...I've never encountered this situation.

Kurt

Hummm strange I just looked at my Google Galaxy Nexus, same SIM card, and it has the same screen, just that it doesn't say 100% more like 12%. Are you upgraded to 4.0.3 ICS on your Vivid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sm1alsvrkz