Change default program.

Croths

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
I'm new to Huawei p30 pro, love it so far and no major problems, just one minor irritating thing. I have the Goodreads app installed, I read a lot so go to it often. I get a box every time asking to open it in Goodreads app - once, or browser - always. I want it to open in the app everytime, it's a better layout. Can I do this? If so how please? Thank you for any help given.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Reset All App Preferences. Now when you tap on a book, does it ask you to choose between Goodreads and the browser again, but this time allow you to select Goodreads as the app to open Always?

Croths

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for the help, unfortunately it only gave me the options to open in Chrome or Opera, my browser of choice, no other options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are these the same links that used to ask if you want to open in Goodreads? There might be only certain kinds of links that can be opened in that app.

Croths

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
Yes, they are the ones when I get the pop up to choose between Opera and Goodreads. Thanks for the help, it's no biggy to have to do an extra click each time, I guess it'll stay that way, thanks again.

alex2l

Official Huawei Representative
Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi there, hopefully this helps. I recommend the next time you try opening it, and goodreads is already highlighted, you should click ‘always’ and nothing else, that should set the default (think the temptation is to click on the app logo, which will just immediately open the app). Let me know if the issue persists?

Croths

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
My problem is that underneath Goodreads name in the pop up is only 'Once', there is no 'Always' for the Goodreads option. It has 'Always' only under the browser option.

Croths

Aug 11, 2020
Visit site
Ok, I realised what you was saying so went back and tried it again, Goodreads WAS highlighted, I never noticed that before. So now it works, thank you very much for your help, sorry it took me so long to see what you meant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance