Change in Assumption of Liability Policy - No Longer Truncate the Contract to 1 year?

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I read that Verizon changed their AOL policy and they no longer truncate the contract term to 1 year for contracts greater than 1 year in length. Is this true?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If they had allowed people doing an AOL to keep the original date of the contract than they would have longer to have unlimited data if that was the plan they were taking over. I've done a few AOLs and it had to be cut short (1 year)

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
If they had allowed people doing an AOL to keep the original date of the contract than they would have longer to have unlimited data if that was the plan they were taking over. I've done a few AOLs and it had to be cut short (1 year)
But they don't take unlimited data away just because your contract expires.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Not as of yet but Verizon may at some point end unlimited data especially for those out of contract. It may not happen this year but could happen next year. Technically I've heard they can whether you are in contract or month to month but it would be much easier to do it to those out of contract.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not as of yet but Verizon may at some point end unlimited data especially for those out of contract. It may not happen this year but could happen next year. Technically I've heard they can whether you are in contract or month to month but it would be much easier to do it to those out of contract.
Perhaps, but Verizon has never gotten rid of a grandfathered plan so it would be a first.

If you want to extend your contract on your unlimited line and you are on a family plan, just transfer your upgrade to another line on the plan that doesn't have unlimited data and let that line use your upgrade. That will extend your unlimited data line contract by 2 years.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes of course it would be a first. And I'm aware of how to extend the unlimited contract but I don't have any lines without unlimited data. I may at some point want to add another line to extend it but i would want a phone I really want out there to put on the line so I'm going to wait until Q4 to do that as I'm sure the note 3 and other good phones will be out.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Edit : technically they did get rid of the unlimited plan as they don't offer it anymore. Unless you meant getting rid of everyone's in existence currently out there. But I do hope they never do that as maybe they won't feel it's a big burden on them with reduced grandfathered contracts out there already

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I may at some point want to add another line to extend it but i would want a phone I really want out there to put on the line so I'm going to wait until Q4 to do that as I'm sure the note 3 and other good phones will be out.
I did that recently to get my mom an iPhone 5 and sold her iPhone 4S.

If you are going to do it, what I recommend doing is adding a line when the iPhone 5S comes out. It will be unlocked for any GSM carrier, including domestic or international. Turn around and sell it on swappa indicating that it is GSM unlocked as well as usable on Verizon. You should be able to cover the cost of the iPhone 5S and the added line by doing that or darn near close depending on what you have to pay for taxes and fees on an added line where you live.

Then transfer the unlimited data line upgrades one by one to the added line and upgrade and extend your contract on those lines.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I know what it means. All I was trying to clarify was what you meant by it being 'a first'.
Just to clarify - verizon has never taken away a plan that was no longer on contract from a line that already had it. This includes the grandfathered alltel plans that were even better deals than anything Verizon ever offered.