Changing To 3T

M222

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I had a Umi Iron Pro for over a year now. It's now beginning to act up. I'm thinking of changing to a OnePlus 3T. With the price at €439, is it worth it?

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't own the phone, (I plan to buy one later this year) but after thoroughly studying the phone since its release, I would get it in a heartbeat if I had the money. It's the fastest android phone money can buy. It gets great battery life and has 6gb of RAM. Except for the screen, (screen is very good still) it's a spec monster and true performer. It will be future proof for quite some time.

Plus, it's very mod/tinkerer friendly, and a natural progression for those coming from Nexus to get a very similar experience.

MrDJ007

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
ive always had a real keyboard on all my phones so for the last 9 years ive had blackberry's.
after all the hype i decided to take my first steps into android territory and its been a great move.

took 4 days to work out why it wouldnt connect to vodafone uk contract which turned out to be defaulted to pay as you go.
once that was sorted setting up was a simple and a great buy for the price.
the charging is amazing.
only issue ive noticed so far is since getting it on dec 23rd ive used almost 1gb of wifi and 600mb of data while on the blackberry i was lucky if i used 300mb in a month.
im putting it down to loading all the apps so wont be able to check on usage until next months.

so simple answer, go get one as a great buy.

M222

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Tesco Mobile. They only have 3G. I've read that people with Tesco Mobile had problems on the 3T due to their 3G sim card. It was affecting receiving calls. Perhaps I might have to go to a different phone company and go on a 4G plan.

MrDJ007

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
ive never used tesco mobile but on the phone you have the option to use
2g/3g/4g
2g/3g automatic
2g only

so it looks like the default is 2g/3g so should work fine but of course slower internet connecton.
im no expert though so always check with one plus or tesco t make sure it will work.
i bought mine direct from one plus website and not a uk supplier.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I had a Umi Iron Pro for over a year now. It's now beginning to act up. I'm thinking of changing to a OnePlus 3T. With the price at €439, is it worth it?

Not to discourage you but I used OP3 for four months after great reviews. I was always a Note user but moved to OP3 from Note Edge after an issue and Note 7 debacle. Though happy with performance never convinced with camera. Finally sold it and got Note5. This phone is just amazing. It almost matches in performance (day to day activities. Am not gamer) and betters OP3 in Camera and productivity. Just an advice.

dothebruce

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site

Come over from the Nexus line a month ago after been with Nexus for over 4 years. Great experience and as the gent said above...Future proof. Smooth experience and everything you need from a phone going in to 2017.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Not to discourage you but I used OP3 for four months after great reviews. I was always a Note user but moved to OP3 from Note Edge after an issue and Note 7 debacle. Though happy with performance never convinced with camera. Finally sold it and got Note5. This phone is just amazing. It almost matches in performance (day to day activities. Am not gamer) and betters OP3 in Camera and productivity. Just an advice.

Other some of the great things forgot to mention.
- Samsung pay (works anywhere)
- screen resolution
- wireless charging
- S-pen (once explored what you can do, you can never look at others)
- Themes

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Other some of the great things forgot to mention.
- Samsung pay (works anywhere)
- screen resolution
- wireless charging
- S-pen (once explored what you can do, you can never look at others)
- Themes
Been a Note guy since the Note 2. Love them as they run my business for me. Thing I hated about the Note line was I always had to buy Package Disabler Pro and literally turn off every app I didn't use. If I didn't, the battery sucked and the phone would slow to a crawl.

I have since got a OnePlus 3t and it's a completely different phone. Way faster, better fingerprint sensor, better battery, and best of all.....No more TouchWiz lol. Screen is great despite what people say and I don't take pics, so camera is a wash for me.

I'm using Nova Launcher and am literally blown away by the performance of the 3t.

I have the Note 5 sitting in my truck now waiting for my niece to pick it up.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Been a Note guy since the Note 2. Love them as they run my business for me. Thing I hated about the Note line was I always had to buy Package Disabler Pro and literally turn off every app I didn't use. If I didn't, the battery sucked and the phone would slow to a crawl.

I have since got a OnePlus 3t and it's a completely different phone. Way faster, better fingerprint sensor, better battery, and best of all.....No more TouchWiz lol. Screen is great despite what people say and I don't take pics, so camera is a wash for me.

I'm using Nova Launcher and am literally blown away by the performance of the 3t.

I have the Note 5 sitting in my truck now waiting for my niece to pick it up.

You don't need Disabler pro. You can turn off any app by holding the app. I am getting around 4hrs SOT. May be you added bloat to it trying to remove it ;).
As long you don't miss Note features you are fine. Enjoy your phone.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
You don't need Disabler pro. You can turn off any app by holding the app. I am getting around 4hrs SOT. May be you added bloat to it trying to remove it ;).
As long you don't miss Note features you are fine. Enjoy your phone.
I needed disabler pro to turn off all the bloat :) That was the whole point.

I was getting awesome SOT as well in the beginning, then it went downhill very fast. Thats just the Galaxy line for you.

I am playing with a V20 as well and it has a ton of features just like the Note line. We'll see which one I like in the end.

Last edited:

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
If the OP3 had not sucked me in, the V20 would have been my next main interest. But kicking and screaming the entire way being locked into both the manufacturer's and the carrier's update cycle and bloat ware. But I would have enjoyed the removable battery, SD card, and IR blaster.

Still, the potential for the LG boot loop issue was a strong negative clouding my perception of LG. Even the LG Nexus 5x has not been immune to that issue. I really wish LG could shake the spectre of the bootloops.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If the OP3 had not sucked me in, the V20 would have been my next main interest. But kicking and screaming the entire way being locked into both the manufacturer's and the carrier's update cycle and bloat ware. But I would have enjoyed the removable battery, SD card, and IR blaster.

Still, the potential for the LG boot loop issue was a strong negative clouding my perception of LG. Even the LG Nexus 5x has not been immune to that issue. I really wish LG could shake the spectre of the bootloops.
Surprisingly, the LG has been flawless as far as software. The LCD screen seems a little washed and dull compared to the 3t even though it had more resolution and ppi?

I agree with the At&t branded phones and being tied to their updates and patches. Plus having all that extra carrier bloatware really slows things down.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mins should be here sometime this week! After I get it I will report my findings! But i was in the same boa as you. I just hit the buy button...Figure if it bombs then I can send it back within 15 days anyways. However, I think I made the correct choice!

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I confess that I was a bit skittish about buying from OP. So I understand your angst. I felt like I was taking more of a chance buying the OP3 vs buying a conventional flagship from a carrier. There is a comfort zone there, but you pay for it both literally and figuratively.

I could not be happier with my choice of phones. I would buy again without hesitation. I hope your experience is as good as mine has been.

No, it's not perfect. But it seems as close as anything else I've had and I'm more than satisfied.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I would ABSOLUTELY buy one if I could get a 128gb version. They've been out of stock for around a month since I really started looking. As soon as they come back in stock I'm picking one up. I also have a Pixel on order, but I'd love to save $500 and still have an insanely great phone like the 3T.