Charger Cover Broke

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had my phone for 3 weeks. Im very careful with it. And yes cord holding dust cover has snapped. Been trying to get it fixed threw warranty and they are tr u ing to charge me just to send it out. If you take the back off you can see there is a little screw that opens a small cover and would be so easy to replace myself. Where can I get a spare? Also im wondering if that would really make a difference with the waterproofing as the seal on the cover doesnt go round that part anyway.

Check amazon. There's a link in this thread

lauriej11

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S5 is 2 months old in perfect condition until today when the USB cover fell completely off. The little thread that it hung from broke off. Samsung has a great product with a serious defect that will most definitely affect the water resistance. There are hundreds reporting this same defect. When will SAMSUNG correct their mfg defect? Amazon has a replacement flap for $5 and they are doing a booming business...hmmmmmmm! And to top it all off, Verizon won't stand behind this product. Nice. :(((

Allen Davis1

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I have carefully reviewed my S4 Active and looked at the picture provided on this forum. I have used my S4 Active for a year now and at 77 I am not real gentle with it.

Mine is not broke and I don't believe the others are broke. I have looked very carefully at mine I am guessing that too much pulling force was applied and that they just pulled it out of it's socket. It is a pressure fit for the cover retainer strap and the connector cover. Look on the end of the strap and if there is a knob on it, it is probably not broken.

That being said it is a real pain to remove. Notice that there is a small recessed area in the cover to allow you to prize the cover off. I recommend that you carefully look at how it is made so you can apply pressure in just the right way to make it properly fit during insertion. Everything is a pressure fit and requires deforming the part to make it properly fit and stay in the hole.

The S5 is better and easier based on a quick look at my grandson's phone. They are using the high speed usb connector for the S5.

Good Luck and I hope this helped.

Allen

kstah

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
As everyone's concerns the same, so is mine. Hoping it doesn't break off anytime soon.

The other concern I have is that the cover is loose on my phone. It wont shut properly. I have to apply way more pressure than what I assume is needed in order to get it shut. Once shut, it trickles open a tiny bit (not completely).

Is anyone else having the same problem?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my phone for about 3 or 4 weeks so we'll see if it breaks soon. I don't think I'd be as upset as a lot of people are getting though. I'll just buy a couple of the little covers and pop them in myself if they ever do break. LOL

I've replaced a screen on my old iPhone 4S and that was a total pain. Swapping this little cover is child's play.

rxbjs

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Mine just broke today after owning the phone for about 2 months.
Did the part become available yet so I can self-repair?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing has changed in the past few months with Samsung. They're still avoiding this, last I read they were deleting facebook post. So they're still not covering it under warranty?

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Nothing has changed in the past few months with Samsung. They're still avoiding this, last I read they were deleting facebook post. So they're still not covering it under warranty?

For my authroized dealer it it excluded in the warranty
I get 50% on everything on my dealer shop because I'm loyal customer
Posted via Android Central App

blevitt3

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
As everyone's concerns the same, so is mine. Hoping it doesn't break off anytime soon.

The other concern I have is that the cover is loose on my phone. It wont shut properly. I have to apply way more pressure than what I assume is needed in order to get it shut. Once shut, it trickles open a tiny bit (not completely).

Is anyone else having the same problem?

I've been following this post and wondered why no one else has mentioned that it just doesn't stay shut. Mine is 2 months old and has never fit tightly...I have to keep tucking it in as best I can so it doesn't break off...I am probably going to just remove and keep the cover and strap safe until I get rid of the phone...so much for the water resistance.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been following this post and wondered why no one else has mentioned that it just doesn't stay shut. Mine is 2 months old and has never fit tightly...I have to keep tucking it in as best I can so it doesn't break off...I am probably going to just remove and keep the cover and strap safe until I get rid of the phone...so much for the water resistance.

Why not just spend the 3 dollars and buy one from Ebay? It's only held in by two screws.

kstah

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I'm still waiting on an answer for this. Mine never completely shuts and it does hold fairly well but it always "feels loose" if you know what I mean. I don't know if it's a defect on the door itself or if it's the attachment on the phone but it irritates me lol.

yomike007

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My usb port cover also fell off due to bad glue.

I contacted samsung via live chat and their customer support is still as useless as it was last time I contacted them. They claimed it was due to user abuse. Samsung wouldnt sent me a replacement part as if the repair isn't performed at an authorized dealer it would void the warranty on the entire phone.

In short, im just going to order it off ebay, replace it myself, and they'll never know. I dont have time to go to stores. Im getting sick of Samsung's lack of customer care.

annazimmer04

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine about 2 months and the cover is loose. It doesn't click back in all the way anymore either. I've been very careful with it and always made sure it was pushed back in all the way since the phone reminds me everytime it gets unplugged.

sandy7541

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine and I was always very careful with it. I took it back to telstra and they said they cant do anything about it. Now my photos arent saving and they were going to send
it back to get a replacement phone then noticed the flap wasnt on it and said cos t hat is broken it voids all the warranties cos its a damaged phone in do angry

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since launch and it finally came off. Its not a huge deal since its easy to replace. I do agree though that Samsung should be fixing these for free.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My cover is also loose when closed. This is on the left side, opposite the hinge. Not even four months old for me. I figure a couple more months and it probably won't stay closed at all. 😝

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This is why, I don't see the point of having a replacement. Just remove them completely, and admit it will not be water resistant which is unnecessary for me to begin with.