Charger question...

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I'm new to Samsung and am a little confused about the wattage. For my previous Pixel, I went out and bought a bunch of 18w PD chargers. For my new S22+, I went ahead and got a few of the 25w Super Fast chargers. Could I have used the 18w chargers, or does Samsung only charge at 15 or 25 or 45? I also have this Anker 20000mah Powerbank with two 18w ports, one USB-C PD 3.0, and a USB-A IQ 2.0. Would that Powerbank work as well?

Thanks!

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your first Samsung. That's an easy question. You definately could have used your other chargers. So an 18W charger will charge at the full 18W on your S22. In fact, the lockscreen will actually say "fast charging" despite a different charger.

I use various chargers on my S22 Ultra. At work I have a meagre 10W charger and the lockscreen says "charging" only. I also have an 18W charger from my old Note 9 and the lockscreen says "fast charging". And when I plug in the 25W charger, the lockscreen says "super fast charging".

Also, the ports on your powerbank will work. Any charger that is the same or less wattage will work. And if you try and charge a higher than specified wattage charger, the phone will charge at its maximum rate-not the maximum rate of the charger. So for example, if I plug my 25W S22 Ultra charger into my old Note 9 (maximum 18W charging), the phone will charge at 18W only. Plug a 45W charger into a Galaxy S5 and the phone will charge at its usual 10W.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your first Samsung. That's an easy question. You definately could have used your other chargers. So an 18W charger will charge at the full 18W on your S22. In fact, the lockscreen will actually say "fast charging" despite a different charger.

I use various chargers on my S22 Ultra. At work I have a meagre 10W charger and the lockscreen says "charging" only. I also have an 18W charger from my old Note 9 and the lockscreen says "fast charging". And when I plug in the 25W charger, the lockscreen says "super fast charging".

Also, the ports on your powerbank will work. Any charger that is the same or less wattage will work. And if you try and charge a higher than specified wattage charger, the phone will charge at its maximum rate-not the maximum rate of the charger. So for example, if I plug my 25W S22 Ultra charger into my old Note 9 (maximum 18W charging), the phone will charge at 18W only. Plug a 45W charger into a Galaxy S5 and the phone will charge at its usual 10W.

Thank you!

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I have plugged into a wide variety of chargers and so far all work. The only thing I have noticed about this phone is that a couple of cords that work ok with other devices, won't charge with my S22. I change the cord and then that charger works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays