Charging fluctuating

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys.

My daughter broke my charging port by forcing the usb mini in the wrong way. Now I have to hold the cable a certain way to get it to charge but it charges really slow. The image when the phone is turned off is and charging is different. Instead of a trickle going to the batter there is only one green dot. I bought the Samsung fast wireless charger disk and it still Charges slowly. I used ampere app and it fluctuates from 0 to 500ma. Every second the ma changes. It does the same when it's plugged directly in. Any idea what's going on?

Cheers

pbickel

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Port charging wouldn't affect wireless. This means that she didn't break the charging port but actually the charging connection to the battery or damaged the battery itself.

shiggins316

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't of thought the battery or battery
Connecter inside could get damaged by forcing the usb mini in. I thought the port is connected to a board which is connected to the battery

mrnexus

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a warranty on the phone? It seems like something else may have contributed to this charging issue, not just the damaged USB charging port. Take a look at this picture which shows the removal process for the phone (which is not covered at all by warranty!). It shows the actual connection of the battery to the motherboard of the phone is near the camera, not at the bottom where your plug in.
samsung galaxy s6 edge plus battery removal.jpg

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
The single dot instead of 3 dots means that it is not fast Charging. It is chasing like any other regular chafer would do.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haroonseo