charging port problems?

lizziebetha

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I am loving this phone....did not know how much I would love it!! Anyways, I just wanted to check with other LTEvo owners and see if I'm the only one with this issue. I have had a lot of charging issues with the evo 4g in the past, so I'm not too happy with this and wanted to see if others are experiencing this issue.

I noticed that if I charge my phone laying on a flat service ( like the carpet, or counter) where the cord is not left hanging, it will not charge. I've been thinking of returning it for a new one if no one else has this issue. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't sound sound right. I'm able to charge mine in multiple orientations. I always have with my OG EVO & E3D as well. If you've tried different chargers with the same results, return it. Especially if you can repeat the problem on a consistent basis.

elvis077

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope. That's exactly how mine charges. Laying flat. 0 issues. Always charges. Sounds broken. Exchange it

Sent from my EVO

lizziebetha

May 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks so much guys!! I will definitely return it...especially since it doesn't have a removable battery!! With the old Evo, at least I had the option to switch out batteries lol.

jdchrista

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Were you using a brand new charging cable? Or was it an old one from an old phone, or a generic brand cable?

My original Droid developed the same problem, moreso with one charger than my two others. The fix was to pinch the center of the charger's male adapter with a tweezers. The metal squeezes very easily. From then on, the adapter bit onto the port terminal more snugly and the connection was consistent at any angle.

It's hard to determine whether it was the port terminal which had become worn-down or if it was the charger adapter that had lost it's bite.

sailing3648352

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Every samsung i have had has a charger port problem. Even the Epic. Im switching to lg .... sprint let me go to a similar phone because i have had 3 samsung conquers with charger port problems:(

junior2006

Banned
Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
ok, buddy, i think it may be two reasons caused your problem:

First of all, may be for broken of your phone charge port, if did so, you just need to replace charge port. and you don't need to worry about this problem, it is very cheap to buy this replacement part.

Secondly, i think may be the problem of your charger cable. so you need to change another normal chager to check, if so, you can just buy an original chager.

Do hope my answer is a big help to you!:-X