Charging WAY Too Slow After Installing CM11

migreig

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody, I'm having am issue with my TabPro 10.1. I installed CM11 about 2 weeks ago and since then, my tablet had been charging much slower than usual, and it was slow before! Now I'm charging at about 3% per hour.

Something else happened the same day I installed CM, the tablet feel off my desk connected to the charger and bent the metal end of the charger a bit. I have several other Samsung chargers and it's just as slow on all of them, so it's not a charger issue. I don't know how to check if it's a software thing or whether the charge port was damaged when it fell. Any help is appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this with the tablet turned on or turned off? If it's slow when it's turned off, it's not CM, it's something in the tablet or the charger (or the cord).

migreig

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Today I charged it for 3 hours while the tablet was turned off. Exactly 3% per hour. Can I take this to mean that the issue is the charge port? Anybody done this repair? I'm fairly confident that I could do the repair if that's what it is.

DukeOfURL01

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm strongly considering CM11 also, and I'm really worried about this happening to mine also. But also it's very complicated to do, and I have lots of questions.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Had the same thing a while ago with my S3 with cm11. Just updated and cleared the cache. Seemed to solve the problem. Don't know how this helped, but it did.

JERRY NAIDOO

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Let me try wiping cache and user data. 2 hours to move 1% (from 11% to 12%).
My charger doesn't break a sweat anymore whereas before it used to be warm to the touch and phone is fully charged within one hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88