Check out the HTC 10 at Verizon store on Friday!! Anyone?

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's one of those things people use to feel good about what they own. It's been years since I owned a smartphone that was not bright enough. Personally, I did not like the screen on the S7 when I tried it out. Had to do with the color tone being unpleasant. But, everyone should go with what they prefer.

I hate oversaturated colors, but the Note 5 screen I have is amazing. Put on Basic screen mode. That mode and current gen Samsung panels have been tested to be the world's most accurate displays.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's one of those things people use to feel good about what they own. It's been years since I owned a smartphone that was not bright enough. Personally, I did not like the screen on the S7 when I tried it out. Had to do with the color tone being unpleasant. But, everyone should go with what they prefer.

I'm currently using an iPhone 6s Plus - and impatiently waiting on my HTC 10 to ship from HTC. My iPhone obviously has an LCD screen and is only 1080p. My wife has an S6 Edge Plus, which is obviously an AMOLED panel and higher resolution. Putting them side by side makes my iPhone look pathetic. But in day to day use when I'm not comparing the two, it's absolutely no issue. I have not a single worry about the LCD panel in the 10. Sure some might say it isn't as nice as Samsung. And it may not be. But if you aren't comparing the two next to each other, I'm sure it'll be just fine for the vast majority of users.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I hate oversaturated colors, but the Note 5 screen I have is amazing. Put on Basic screen mode. That mode and current gen Samsung panels have been tested to be the world's most accurate displays.

That may be but accurate has nothing to do with what pleases my eye though and the S7/S7 edge just really put me off in that area (plus touch wiz). I don't even set my TVs to be perfectly accurate as it's unpleasant for regular viewing.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.

It has to do with battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I just called the Verizon by me and they said they won't have it until the official release? That's ridiculous. Is that correct? I don't wanna pre order without checking it out first

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I just called the Verizon by me and they said they won't have it until the official release? That's ridiculous. Is that correct? I don't wanna pre order without checking it out first

Corp or retail store. I have found you need to really go to Corp stores to get anything done really. :-(

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Sounds off. The stores were supposed to have it by the 30th to try out in store and it sounds like they're doing it a day early. When I was with Verizon, I always had to call the stores more than once to get a straight answer.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.

For me it has to do with being able to see and the effect on battery life. Full brightness on a phone where the battery life is already proven less than the S7 won't do it for me. Like you said, personal preference.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
At the store now. Not that impressed, personally. Screen brightness is not great. Sound quality through headphones sounded muddy.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
At the store now. Not that impressed, personally. Screen brightness is not great. Sound quality through headphones sounded muddy.

I don't know but when I first saw S7 edge demo unit at Best Buy the screen look dim compare to my 6P but the retail unit one look very bright.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, the perception that the HTC 10 is the fastest non Nexus, in my opinion, has everything to do with animation speed. There is hardly any animations on the 10. Setting the Note 5 I had with me to 0.5x animations yielded the same perceived quickness.

Just an observation.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Also, the screen quality doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone 6S, for all you LCD folks. Obviously, resolution is much higher but brightness at all levels appeared to be much lower.

Also, uncentered home button looks like an afterthought.

Sorry for the negative sounding feedback. I was very excited for this. I really wanted this to supplement my Note 5.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, the screen quality doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone 6S, for all you LCD folks. Obviously, resolution is much higher but brightness at all levels appeared to be much lower.

Sorry for the negative sounding feedback. I was very excited for this. I really wanted this to supplement my Note 5.

It's all good man.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

I didnt get out at lunch (stupid customers). Is it really that bad brightness wise or is it "I put my two phones together and was disappointed" type of a thing? Realize I am going to do the same thing myself; just gauging how you came to determination.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Agreed. Having an iPhone 6s for work I can attest to that. IPhone is way brighter at 50% than the HTC 10. I like the build quality, but that isn't enough. Also, the auto focus on the camera is much slower than the S7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjay