Chomp SMS won't send MMS

anon6136263

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I uninstalled this app for this reason. I couldn't send photos, but could recieved them. Being I'm just a week into learning Android and my new S4, I figured it was a junk app, despite all the good news on it Will reinstall once it's fixed.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am so sick of go sms and decided to try out chomp, I love it! There's one big problem, I cannot send mms no matter what I do. It sends just fine with stock messager.. I see this is an on going issue that has not been fixed. I emailed the developer and left a review on google play. Seems they don't care about their customers very much? This has been a problem for a while now and many updates later has not fixed the issue. :-(

gene_a_tals

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
recently had this promblem with textra, not chomp as I couldn't send pics...

I went to my stock messenger app, retrieved the APN settings info from for my carrier (VZW, I'm on an HTC one) and inputed that into the APN settings for textra mms settings...works fine now..might work the same for chomp...

btuproducer

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive been working on this problem for a week. At&tT S4 rooted on 2 different ROM's back to stock through ODEN and the MF3 OA update and ABSOLUTELY no mms on Go SMS Pro. Heres where I am at the end of the day. I can use stock messaging app to send and receive mms. If Iphone users want to have a group messaging chat then I have to go to Go SMS Pro, stock Samsung messaging app DOES NOT WORK for Iphone group messaging. Now how stupid is this of Samsung! No wonder people use Iphones, 1/2 of the people using them hate them but at the end of the day each stock app like email, sms, mms, all WORK with every device on earth! Samsung could kill the world market if they would produce ONE phone that works with any phone, operating system. SO go buy ya an iphone, less brain damage.

theman510

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T w/ an S4 and am not able to send MMS using chomp. It does work using the stock messaging app though.

Has there been any fix to this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T w/ an S4 and am not able to send MMS using chomp. It does work using the stock messaging app though.

Has there been any fix to this?

With AT&T they limit MMS size. ChompSMS allows you to modify the size of the MMS you send so.. It could possibly be set higher which could be cause the issue. I use 1 MB (below) but that's because I'm on T-Mobile. Try lowering it to 600 KB and see if it let's you send MMS.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1379092014525.jpg
    1379092014525.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 1379092021479.jpg
    1379092021479.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 29

theman510

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
With AT&T they limit MMS size. ChompSMS allows you to modify the size of the MMS you send so.. It could possibly be set higher which could be cause the issue. I use 1 MB (below) but that's because I'm on T-Mobile. Try lowering it to 600 KB and see if it let's you send MMS.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

No dice. It was on "unlimited" so I tried 1MB, 600kb and 300kb. Still won't go through using Chomp.

Maybe it's just be, but limiting the size of messages in todays world seems rather ancient. I came from an iPhone 5 and so far iMessage is the only thing I miss. Love everything else though

Chris Ditty

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you try the solution I used in my last post on page 1? It's worked for me and my wife's phone since I did it. No problems what so ever.

theonlykdj

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4 to the GS4 Active. This problem with Chomp is really frustrating because I really liked BiteSMS on my iPhone. I, too, miss iMessage. Hope the Chomp developers resolve this issue soon because it really sucks the big one!

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use chomp on tmo and can send/receive mms fine. I had to enter the apn settings from within chomp for it to work though

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

Robert White1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was having the "not sent" problem when sending a MMS message using Chomp SMS and found the reason it won't send.

I turn OFF THE WIRELESS and it sends fine!
When I am not connected to any wireless sources, it always works, just when wireless is available it wont.\

Next time you have a problem sending, try turning your wireless connection off, and then send...
Good Luck, and Aloha!

GetDownSonAWOL

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter. Fixed. Wasn't able to send SMS (the reason this thread was started). I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (unrooted) on AT&T. Checked the "I am a TMobile Customer" box for ChompSMS setting and boom, able to send SMS!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe