Chomp SMS won't send MMS

JvKintheUSA

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a fix for this? I used Chomp on my Note 2 without any issues, but on my Note 3 it will not send. I entered the apn settings from the stock sms app but still no luck

Sent from my Note 3 on AT&T

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Im on Verizon and just recently when I get a text the phone does not vibrate or make notification sound, but when I go into stock messaging app I can see the new text message. Problem is fixed when I uninstall chomp. Anyone else have the same problem? I only use chomp for the emojis does anyone know an easier way to have emojis on the stock messaging?

JOYSANS

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
what do I change in the APN settings to receive pictures? All of a sudden it stopped.....a setting must have been changed with phone update.....thanks if you can help :'(

Tekbot

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Reading other xda forums, someone that goes by CNLiberal discovered it's a DNS forward issue between your router and att.

"Since it was clear that pfSense wasn't resolving this address correctly, I decided to put a "Host Over Ride" in the Services: DNS Forwarder. I added this:

Code:
proxy mobile.att.net 172.26.39.1 AT&T MMS Proxy

Once I did that, everything worked as expected. She can send and receive MMS. It was amazing."

I have not tried this yet. It's rather ridiculous that you have to mess with your router to fix this. One of the companies involved needs to fess up and fix this on their end... Att.

Domenius

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've been having the same probelm and I found a fix under settings > sms&mms network settings. Check off "I am on tmobile", compact sms, active mobile data, preserve image resoluton, and finally change the send size limit to 2mb or lower. (2mb worked fine for me).. if this helped anyone let me know
~stay breezey android community

chuckorc

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues and fixed them with the settings below. Now its working so I hope this helps someone.
mmsc is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
mms proxy is blank
mms port is 80

Don't forget to make sure activate mobile data is checked and that I am on usa t-mobile is unchecked.
I'm using a droid dna on verizon.

Jdalton1111

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Does everyone have problems with chomp sms?!? I love the app.... Except MMS doesn't work. I've been talking with the developer support and still haven't worked it out. Also have Textra and have had inconsistent results receiving MMS.
I have noticed that MMS port is at 0,when I change it to 80 and try to send a picture it fails and I find out that MMS port is back to 0!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello