chrome browser, a let down?

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
chrome is a dissapointing browser and personally i think it lets down the nexus 4, the previous stock browser worked absoluetly fine, and that was my main driver if i needed to go web browsing, even though i had chrome installed on the Gnex. From the video reviews ive seen so far, chrome seems to keep dissapointing me by being choppy and laggy when pinching to zoom, google needs to fix chrome ASAP

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mind you, I'm still running with an NS4G using CM10, but I have to agree -- Chrome on Android has sucked for me (outside of being able to send pages to my phone or accessing opened tabs on my laptop on my phone). I generally use Dolphin as my main browser, but the stock browser is so much faster (at least for me) than Chrome has been. I always blamed it on the hardware I'm running it on, so will see if it's any better on the N4 for me.

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Chrome browser since it has been out and have never experienced any issues with it on any device I have including my N7 so not sure what all the issues other people are having come from. I have not got my N4 yet but doubt it will act differently than my N7 which I am on now.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Because people are looking for any reason to bash on the N4 and they believe downloading Dolphin or Firefox or Opera or Maxathon or Skyfire or Boat or xScope or something else is impossible. Chrome sucks, AOSP browser rules, Nexus is fail, blah-blah-woof-woof.

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
im not a hater, i love the nexus 4 for all it is, and cant wait till it comes back in stock so i can get one, i just think that they need to improve chrome a little bit, or even make the stock browser availabe

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Firefox for the win. Bookmarks and such synced with my desktops, working flash, its just made of win.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel the same. I love the performance of the old stock browser better, but it sucks at page rendering. Desktop sites look awful on the old stock browser. Chrome renders pages so nice but is really choppy on image heavy pages. I wish it was as fast and smooth as the old stock browser.

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I feel the same. I love the performance of the old stock browser better, but it sucks at page rendering. Desktop sites look awful on the old stock browser. Chrome renders pages so nice but is really choppy on image heavy pages. I wish it was as fast and smooth as the old stock browser.

the chrome interface is a tad bit laggy compared to the stock browser but chrome is definitely better overall.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Browsing 500px.com via Chrome on my Nexus 4 and I don't find it laggy at all. It's actually pretty quick to display all the pics etc and scrolls smoothly when moving up or down the page. If you have another site that you think shows the issue more could you post it up I'd like to check it out. I just figured 500px.com would be a good site to test since it's about 99% photos.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The site that causes the most consistent trouble that I have seen is theverge.com (full desktop version). For some reason Chrome hangs on it a lot.

I agree with those who say Chrome on Android should be better. It has gotten better though since the last update (for me at least). This is a case where I guess Google pushed it hard to reinforce the Chrome brand, but on Android it's too rushed.

I'm sure it will keep getting better though. Goog is pretty bent on speed on the web (they make more money if you browse more; you browse more if you can browse faster) and even though there is no public apology, I am pretty sure the devs are cringing and trying to fix it.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
the chrome interface is a tad bit laggy compared to the stock browser but chrome is definitely better overall.

I agree. I like the syncing, interface, and page rendering too much to go back.

The site that causes the most consistent trouble that I have seen is theverge.com (full desktop version). For some reason Chrome hangs on it a lot.

I agree with those who say Chrome on Android should be better. It has gotten better though since the last update (for me at least). This is a case where I guess Google pushed it hard to reinforce the Chrome brand, but on Android it's too rushed.

I'm sure it will keep getting better though. Goog is pretty bent on speed on the web (they make more money if you browse more; you browse more if you can browse faster) and even though there is no public apology, I am pretty sure the devs are cringing and trying to fix it.

All of this. The last update definitely made Chrome a lot better but it still has quite a ways to go.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Stupid question because maybe I'm looking at something completely different then what others are talking about.. Hangs? As in takes awhile to load or doesn't load completely? And as far as lag goes is it during page loading? After it completes? or both?

I just loaded the full site up of theverge.com, took 12 seconds to render the site completely (on wifi if it matters) and it scrolls smooth as butter. I do wish it had flash tho :(

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues with chrome but use dolphin as it supports flash. I love the UI and desktop sync though.

Dolphin just needs a better icon. Firefox is fugly imo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac