Chromecast question

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi
This is my first Time having a Chromecast I have the Second generation Chromecast. So I do not now what you can do and what you cannot do with it. I have videos and pictures on my Desktop computer with windows 10 64 bit home. Can you use Chromecast and put the videos pictures how many computer onto your TV? If so how would you do this? Thank you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! You'll love the Chromecast, it's so versatile! Yes, you can stream pictures and videos to your Chromecast, but you'll need to either open them in Chrome (and then select the CAST option) or an app that supports 'casting' to Chromecast.

You can have as many computers and devices linked to the Chromecast, and you can even set it to accept 'guests' by temporarily granting access by inputting a code.

John55bt

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi SpookDroid how would you stream a video or picture using google chrome? The videos and pictures I have are in there separate folders on my Desktop computer with windows 10 64 bit home. Thank you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, don't worry about it! :) We're here to help! And when questions don't make sense, we just ask again :) But seriously, if you run into any trouble or want to know more about using your Chromecast, we have a bunch of people here than can help :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi SpookDroid how would you stream a video or picture using google chrome? The videos and pictures I have are in there separate folders on my Desktop computer with windows 10 64 bit home. Thank you

You'd have to drag them into Chrome to open them there, and then select the cast button 'Display in another screen', and then select your Chromecast. You can also select to Cast the entire desktop there, and that way you can see whatever is on your screen (but this uses A LOT of bandwidth and processing power, so depending on your computer this might just be too slow or choppy).

For best results, you'd need a program that supports native 'casting' like Plex or PlayOn (both free, if I'm not mistaken, for local media). I think VLC Player also supports Chromecast but I'm not entirely sure.

ChromecastDeveloper

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
If you have a smart phone, you can using EZ Web Video Cast (Android) or Video & TV Cast(IOS) to find and stream videos of online movies, TV shows and other media from internet websites to your Chromecast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi