Class 0 Message

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
any way to disable Class 0 Message? i get them quite often...its annoying...called the provider and they said they cant disable it.is there an app which i can disable so that i dont get these popups again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-152116_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-152116_Messages.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 20

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I came here to find out what it is and I'm still not sure but I did some Googling and came up with there two links;

This one I found in the forum discussion where someone else was having issues with Class 0 Messages and it proports to be the solution;
https://www.geekdashboard.com/stop-flash-messages-on-android/

This is the forum thread I found about the issue and there are other answers there as well. Not sure if you want to look at those but for the sake of reporting sources this was the source;
https://support.google.com/android/thread/13726494?hl=en

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Looks like a message from a TV company or mobile phone network vendor. Trying to get you to pay for Mulan on Disney+ Access Premium? I have had notifications but only ordinary ones. Do you habe Disney+ app on your phone? Or an app relating to the company sending them? You could check for notifications. Also contact the company and tell them you refuse mobile notifications from them.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That's a third party app jacking up your phone. That's why I only install apps I 100% need, and make darn sure they're trustworthy... which most of them aren't :-[ Right now I have zero third party apps on my phone lol. A large University did a study (I forget the name) and found that the vast majority of the free third party apps they tested used 95% of their battery and processor draw to advertise to you and only 5% to do what they were actually supposed to do. Things that make you go hmmmm ;-)

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's a third party app jacking up your phone. That's why I only install apps I 100% need, and make darn sure they're trustworthy... which most of them aren't :-[ Right now I have zero third party apps on my phone lol. A large University did a study (I forget the name) and found that the vast majority of the free third party apps they tested used 95% of their battery and processor draw to advertise to you and only 5% to do what they were actually supposed to do. Things that make you go hmmmm ;-)

Its not a 3rd party app... It has been happening since forever... Happened on my N10 Plus as well... And my ROGPHONE 2... And if you googled you would know its a provider thing.... Not my phone getting jacked by NSA/FBI/FSB/FSO...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-184319_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200905-184319_Nova Launcher.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 10

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks like a message from a TV company or mobile phone network vendor. Trying to get you to pay for Mulan on Disney+ Access Premium? I have had notifications but only ordinary ones. Do you habe Disney+ app on your phone? Or an app relating to the company sending them? You could check for notifications. Also contact the company and tell them you refuse mobile notifications from them.

Nope. No disney or mulan app... I called them and they said they cant whitelist it... Or something like that.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did the links I provided that said they could stop this help?

No... Your links did say i have to call the provider and ask them to whitelist my number. But the problem is, Telkomsel cant whitelist any numbers from getting the Disney promotion because it's a Telkomsel promotion...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you just answer your own question...? If your carrier is spamming you, first that's messed up, second there probably isn't away to stop your carrier. If there is a way to stop it your carrier's own forum may have the answer because I doubt you're the only one annoyed by this issue.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
This is i don't use free ad-based apps. I pay for everything.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Did you just answer your own question...? If your carrier is spamming you, first that's messed up, second there probably isn't away to stop your carrier. If there is a way to stop it your carrier's own forum may have the answer because I doubt you're the only one annoyed by this issue.
This ^^^^

Maybe you need to change provider...

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

There were 2 types of Class 0 Messages. 1 is the provider ads and other is Burger King, Quota deals and stuff ads. I remembered disabling something on my Note 10+ which actually works. But i forget what i disabled. Yeah i guess im the only 1 annoyed... How can i not be annoyed? Typing a message in Whatsapp, then it pops up.. Or watching a youtube video, then it pops up... Then i have to either press Cancel or Save for the message to disappear. But guess what, my wife is using the same provider but has never received Class 0 Messages before and she uses an iPhone...

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This ^^^^

Maybe you need to change provider...

Telkomsel is the No.1 provider in Indonesia. State owned. Biggest range and most expensive. Only bad thing about it is this Class 0 Message. Other providers are way worse, they sell your data to banks, insurance etc. And that means more sms and calls from banks, insurance etc...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you mentioned that your wife is on the same carrier and wasn't getting these messages, I jumped to a third party app, when you went on to include she has an iPhone I felt less like I might be onto something. Not totally however. Have you tried using the device in Safe Mode for a day? In Safe Mode if these ads are actually from another app you shouldn't get them. Since it's random though you would have to do a long term study, or until you get one while in Safe Mode, to see if it has any effect. I'm guessing that you get at least one daily, correct? It couldn't hurt to try it. If you find they stop then finding the app responsible would be the next hurdle.

B. Didddy always has this link for toast messages he posts. Maybe we'll get his attention.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What phone and os? Should be able to block non contact sms.

Woah Method. Long time no see. Haha. Im currently using the Exynos S20 Ultra on Android 10, One UI 2.5... Some people says that saving the message first then blocking the contact works but it doesnt work for me.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you mentioned that your wife is on the same carrier and wasn't getting these messages, I jumped to a third party app, when you went on to include she has an iPhone I felt less like I might be onto something. Not totally however. Have you tried using the device in Safe Mode for a day? In Safe Mode if these ads are actually from another app you shouldn't get them. Since it's random though you would have to do a long term study, or until you get one while in Safe Mode, to see if it has any effect. I'm guessing that you get at least one daily, correct? It couldn't hurt to try it. If you find they stop then finding the app responsible would be the next hurdle.

B. Didddy always has this link for toast messages he posts. Maybe we'll get his attention.

I really dont think its because of a 3rd party app. Because even the provider acknowledged it... If they were to deny then yeah 3rd party app... If only i kept a list of disabled apps somewhere.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I've been using the beta from the Playstore for the Google phones dialer, which also is blocking spam texts very accurately so far. The block all unknown numbers feature is blocking sms as well as phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon