Clear cache, clear data

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I have Samsung's S22 Ultra with AR&T service
I have been attempting to get my visual voicemail working again I know the steps, I've had it on here before. That's not what I'm asking about just explaining how I got to my conclusion. One of the steps is clearing data and cache in the VM app. And when I do that it shows it's cleared but even I reboot it all comes back.
To explain further nothing is getting deleted. I'm went thru And performed this action on all my highly used apps, which I do from time to time, and when I went in my Google to do a search all my search items were still there. This has never happened before and sounded not be now. What is going on

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. The cache is populated anytime the app is opened. That is just the nature of app caches. I've never heard of clearing a cache to get rid of search history. That process is usually a bit more in depth than that. This article will tell you how to clear your search history on Google... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rm%3DAndroid&usg=AOvVaw02kvyWg0aoamTxtvnMqKt6

So are you having issues getting VVM working or are you just concerned that it doesn't appear to be clearing the app cache?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with VidJunky -- cache and data can be regenerated quickly by the app, unless you disabled it.

13Flossy

Apr 30, 2022
Visit site
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. The cache is populated anytime the app is opened. That is just the nature of app caches. I've never heard of clearing a cache to get rid of search history. That process is usually a bit more in depth than that. This article will tell you how to clear your search history on Google... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rm%3DAndroid&usg=AOvVaw02kvyWg0aoamTxtvnMqKt6

So are you having issues getting VVM working or are you just concerned that it doesn't appear to be clearing the app cache?
Well both! My voicemail visual voicemail is not working and it used to that was before I had to send the phone off to Samsung I've got it back and now I can't get it to work I know the steps needed to take and I take them and that is clearing data clearing cache and then rebooting the phone and then turning off Wi-Fi and having someone leave a voicemail and it's not working. Furthermore I noticed that it's not actually clearing the cache or the data because when I turn it back on it's still there I had to go in and delete everything manually and it still didn't work because why they came right back if you clear your cache and your data within an app it should be cleared and it's not clearing. That grows concern for me not only just because I can't get the visual voicemail to work but what else is going to act up because it's not actually clearing the data and it just gets full and full and full I mean what's the point of having the button to cleared if it's not actually going to clear it

And if you clear your cache and data within Chrome or Google doesn't that then clear your history it should You're clearing your cache and your data so it should be clear. So you're saying that when I clear my cache or my dad it doesn't clear my browsing history which should be part of your data no?

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
And if you clear your cache and data within Chrome or Google doesn't that then clear your history it should You're clearing your cache and your data so it should be clear. So you're saying that when I clear my cache or my dad it doesn't clear my browsing history which should be part of your data no?

Clearing cache then force stop chrome won't clear your history, clearing data then force stop will clear recent tabs u Open but not not history because that gets sync with your account as well as book marks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you already spoken to AT&T support about getting visual voicemail working again? Is this an AT&T-branded visual voicemail app, or a native visual voicemail app from Samsung?