Clear up confusion

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have read through the forum and the FAQ on Project Fi, but still would like to see if someone can clearly lay this out for me.

I am currently on VZW and interested in trying out Fi (have an invite). I DO NOT want to cancel my current service nor move my phone number solely to Fi at this point. I just want to try out the service and see how it is.

Can I use my current google account to test out Fi and if so desire merge my current number to it is I decide to keep it? Or would it be better to set up a "secondary" google account for testing Fi?

Thanks.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I saw this on the FAQ, but maybe I am still missing something:

Google voice can be set to use a new number or my current primary number. If I set it up to a new number for the trial, can I still move my current number to Fi/voice if I do make the complete change?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I think you can port your Verizon number later, either make it your Fi number or your Google Voice number. That gives you 2 numbers for your phone.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I know with most other carriers you can port your number after the initial sign up but obviously things with Fi can sometimes be different. You can always call and ask to be sure. Can't imagine you're the first to want to do this.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Fi. I'm going to port my number after I get my service set up with a temporary number. You can make the change any time.

Raydee

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Downwind so when you sign up you just ask for a new number instead of your vzw number? Then if you really like FI you can then leave vzw and port the number over to FI?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans