Clearing Cache issue with Lollipop?

gmags112

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I tried searching for this with no definitive answer, but I am wondering if my phone is stuck while in this process or not. It has been in this state for 1.5 hours now. Here is what it is saying...

qe 0/0
-- Wiping cache...
Formatting /cache...

Is this what I am supposed to be seeing? Should it take over an hour to complete? It has never taken me this long before. Also, if it is frozen, how can I back out of it?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what you can do other than just try rebooting the phone. If an ordinary power off/'power on reboot doesn't work you might try holding Power and Volume Up down together and see if you get a reboot or a menu.

Clearing caches, particularly the cache partition, has become the Hot New Thing To Do lately. Not long ago you almolst never heard of it and that was a Good Thing. And while it shouldn't cause any problems, it's actually not a trivial operation that's totally without risk. Things can go wrong.

So do not clear caches unless you have a specific problem that is cache-related. Cache files are there to speed up operation and best performance is achieved by leaving them alone to do their job. Clearing caches does nothing to increase performance in the vast majority of instances. If anything, it decreases performance, wasting CPU cycles and power rebuilding caches.

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The only time I do a clear cache is on a big upgrade like 4.4.4 to 5.1 and will do so again when 5.1 to 6.0 happens. But that involves do a full data reset as well don't do them on small updates don't do the cache clears.

BiRONIC

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching for this with no definitive answer, but I am wondering if my phone is stuck while in this process or not. It has been in this state for 1.5 hours now. Here is what it is saying...

qe 0/0
-- Wiping cache...
Formatting /cache...

Is this what I am supposed to be seeing? Should it take over an hour to complete? It has never taken me this long before. Also, if it is frozen, how can I back out of it?

So, did yours ever stop the cache wiping process (on its own), or did you have to force it somehow (or wait for battery to die)?

I'm having this right now; it's been a couple hours.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware