Closing out account.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Switched two lines to a different carrier. Do I need to call verizon to cancel my service or will they do it automatically and charge my card on file?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Switched two lines to a different carrier. Do I need to call verizon to cancel my service or will they do it automatically and charge my card on file?

When you port a # to a different carrier, your account on the previous carrier is effectively closed. Nothing further is needed. You'll get a bill with the last remaining bit you owe up to your billing cycle.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When you port a # to a different carrier, your account on the previous carrier is effectively closed. Nothing further is needed. You'll get a bill with the last remaining bit you owe up to your billing cycle.

This is correct.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Including any ETF's if applicable of course

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Did this myself on my sons line. His contract was up on September 22nd. I bought him a Motorola moto x 1st gen to put on straight talk. On September 24th two days after, I ported his number to the straight talk sim with no problems. I then received my last bill the normal time of the month with the normal payment due of $109 for his line.

Posted via Android Central App

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who were paying bills online or through the My Verizon app, do we get the final bill via paper mail? I can no longer access my account online after I ported.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For those of us who were paying bills online or through the My Verizon app, do we get the final bill via paper mail? I can no longer access my account online after I ported.

You can call customer service, the automated menu service has a pay Verizon bill on a discontinued line selection. Or just call CS and talk to a rep.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I got a paper bill for my last bill.. I also paid mine online every month..

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts